Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) uses a specific methodology for managing time and time zones in XML calls that retrieve data from our API.
All date/time information is stored in the Thrive Marketing Professional database in Eastern Standard Time (EST). When date/time information is pulled using our API, it is converted to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Date/time fields returned from the Informz API have the following format:
- YYYY is the four-digit year
- MM is the two-digit month (01 for January, 02 for February, etc.)
- DD is the two-digit day of the month (01 through 31)
- T represents the beginning of the clock timestamp
- hh is the two-digit hour (00 through 23)
- mm is the two-digit minute (00 through 59)
- ss is the two-digit second (00 through 59)
- s is the decimal fraction of the second
- Z is the UTC indicator
For example, the timestamp for 19 June, 2017 at 3:46:18 pm is:
Daylight Saving Time
- UTC never adjusts for Daylight Saving Time.
Because of this, the offset between EST and UTC can vary, depending on the time of year.
Sometimes the API returns a value that is four hours later than the database time, while at other times of the year there will be a five-hour difference.