Engagement Benchmark Score (EBS) is a performance metric that Super Admins can use to see how their Higher Logic Thrive Community's (Thrive Community) activity, value, and reach performance compares with others belonging to the same organizational type and industry.
NOTE: If your Thrive Community is relatively new, you may not yet see an Engagement Benchmark Score published. This is because a minimum amount of data must first be collected for a comparison to industry benchmarks to occur. There is no specific timeline; it depends on the size and activity of your Thrive Community.
With that said, you should configure your benchmark data as soon as you can. This way, when your score is published, it will reflect your organization/industry as closely as possible.
Watch the video
View your EBS
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Click the BENCHMARK tab.
On the resulting page, your overall score is displayed at the top. This score is calculated based on the average scores of the following three community engagement benchmarks:
- Activity - a measure of how many users have created content on the Thrive Community.
- Value - a measure of all user engagement (e.g., comments and replies) that the Activity generated.
- Reach - a measure of how many users have performed an Activity versus total active members.
A breakdown for each of these is provided in their associated sections of the page.
- The score for each benchmark is provided to the left, along with an overview of how the score is measured.
- A detailed summary of each score and what it means is provided in the How can I improve my scores? column to the right.
To help keep a finger on the pulse of your Thrive Community, make checking your EBS a part of your monthly community management routine!
Add/edit benchmark data
Click the pencil icon to add or edit your organization's benchmark data. Providing as much data about your organization as possible helps us give you engagement scores that are better tailored to your community goals.
You can provide details like:
- your organization's type (i.e., is it a corporation, software user group, association, or non-profit),
- the industry your organization belongs to (e.g., education, entertainment, legal, etc.),
- how many active users belong to your organization,
- and your organization's primary and secondary goals.
As time goes on, you can update these details to ensure accurate engagement data is being curated to you each month.
NOTE: Scores are updated monthly. The timestamp of your latest score report is displayed on the page.
Print/save your benchmark scores
Click the printer icon to print a hard copy of your benchmark scores and/or save them as a PDF file to email to those in your organization who may be interested to know.