Much like Facebook or LinkedIn, each user on your Community Essentials site has their own profile, where they can perform a number of actions like:
- viewing their profile information,
- updating their profile picture,
- configuring privacy settings and email preferences,
- and more.
How to access your profile
To access your profile, click your user portal at the top-right, followed by Profile.
Available profile options
Your profile's available content areas and various account options are divided into the tabs highlighted in the image below.
- My Profile - Refer to the My Profile tab section below to learn more.
- My Connections - See View Your View Your Connections to learn more.
- My Contributions - See View Your Contributions to learn more.
- My Account - See Manage Your Account Preferences to learn more.
- My Inbox - See Access Your Inbox to learn more.
NOTE: An additional tab, called Admin, is available only to Super Admins. See Administrative Profile Details & Actions to learn more.
My Profile tab
Click the My Profile tab to view your profile, where you can share any information about yourself you'd like to your fellow community members. The types of demographic information you can provide is dictated by your integration, but generally you can:
- Write a personal bio,
- list your education history,
- and provide your job history.
The left side of your profile (shown on all tabs) displays:
- Your profile picture (if you've uploaded one)
- Any Ribbons you've earned
- The contact information you've added (if any). Click the pencil icon to add or edit this information. You'll be directed to your organization's external database to make these updates.
- Any links to your profiles on other social media sites you belong to, like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, if you've added them. To do so, click Add and follow the prompts.
NOTE: See Upload a Profile Picture to learn how to upload a profile picture.