Super Admins can change a news article's permalink date. While having occasion to do this is rare, this would be useful if you wanted to post, in your community, something that had been posted elsewhere and you wanted to retain the original date.
WARNING: Changing a news article's permalink date will render its original link invalid. Users who have bookmarked or saved the original link will not be redirected to the new link.
Access a news article
There are several ways to access a news article.
NOTE: After navigating one of the following paths and locating the news article that you want to change, click the title of the news article, and then continue with the steps in Change a permalink date, below.
Your site's top navigation
- Click Open Forum and then scroll down to the Community News section and click a news article title to open it in the current tab.
- Click News to open the News page in the current tab. Use the navigation options at the bottom of the page to move through multiple pages.
Your community home page
On the home page, scroll down to the Featured News section, which lists the most recently posted news articles. Here, you have two options:
- Click a news article title to open it in the current tab.
- Click Go To News to open the News page in the current tab. Use the navigation options at the bottom of the page to move through multiple pages.
Change a permalink date
To change a permalink date:
- Click the title of the news article and then click Edit.
- Under the Permalink field, click Edit Permalink Date.
- In the dialog, click the calendar icon, select the new date, and click Save.
NOTE: You can't select a future date.
- Confirm that the Permalink field has the new date.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.