Our Campaign Starter Kits are pre-configured campaigns that take some of the guesswork (and legwork!) out of campaign design. The steps of the campaign workflow are pre-populated so that you can more quickly customize them to your specific campaign and then activate the campaign.
TIP: The Advanced Starter Kits not only pre-populate the steps of the campaign, you can import templated, recommended sample text that has been crafted by experienced Higher Logic campaign designers. Each chunk of sample text is specific to a campaign step and gets auto-inserted into its respective step when imported.
There is a starter kit for every phase of the membership life cycle, including:
- Welcoming new members (Welcome Campaign)
- Membership renewals (Renewal Campaigns)
- Soliciting prior, lapsed, and expired members (Win Back Campaigns)
There are also starter kits in support of your organization's events during the membership life cycle:
- Events of all sizes (Promotion Campaigns)
- Seeking donors and donations (Fundraising Campaign)
Watch the videos
Check out these videos before getting started with campaigns.
Welcome Campaign Starter Kit video
Renewal Campaign Starter Kit video
Campaign Starter Kits
The following table describes the starter kits. Before starting to create a campaign, review the descriptions to understand the function of each; choosing the right starter kit can save you time.
TIP: The starter kit campaigns are pre-configured with recommended messages, decision points, and send intervals; however, these campaigns are completely customizable to suit your needs.
Advanced Starter Kits
If you're creating a campaign and your deadline is approaching or you're struggling to come up with just the right text for the various steps of the campaign, we're here to help. The Advanced Starter Kits not only have preconfigured campaign steps — they also make it easy for you to import content (i.e., message text) so that you get the campaign to "ready to send" more quickly.
Learn about the content that you can import (below) and then check out Import content into a campaign to start using it for your campaigns.
TIP: You can also import content when creating and editing messages.
Imported content notes
The content can be imported into the following campaigns.
- Win Back (3-6 Months Lapsed Members)
- Win Back (7-24 Months Lapsed Members)
When content blocks are imported into a campaign, they automatically align with the campaign steps, and the amount of content has been structured to perfectly fit with the campaign steps. This simplifies your work and maximizes your time.
Customize your content
Despite being crafted by Higher Logic, the content that you import can be customized to suit your organization's messages and campaigns — in fact, we recommend it! Before activating a campaign into which you have imported content, you should:
- Review the imported content and
- Update the content to align with your organization's preferred "voice" and nomenclature.
After importing, you'll notice that some content chunks are highlighted as shown below.
These highlighted chunks indicate content that you should replace with your organization's personalizations and/or links.
Other highlighted chunks of imported content are prompts to get you thinking strategically about what you want to include in your messages and campaigns. For example:
>>Identify something that only dues-paying members have access to.<<
...is text that you might see highlighted after importing content. Upon reading it, it's clear that it is a prompt for you to add text about a membership-based feature or perk. It's this type of content that:
- we use to give you a little friendly nudge and
- make your messages and campaigns more appealing, more effective, and more successful.
Access the Campaign Starter Kits
The Campaign Starter Kits will be automatically presented when you start to create a campaign. In the pop-up, select a campaign, and its pre-configured steps will populate the canvas.
To choose a campaign starter kit:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Click Create. The starter-kit selection dialog opens.
- Use the scroll bar to view the campaign options; click one to select it.
- Continue with the next section, Import content into the campaign.
The selection dialog closes and the canvas is populated with the pre-configured steps of the chosen campaign, as shown below.
TIP: The gray boxes offer guidance, tips, and important information that is specific to the type of campaign. Be sure to review this information as you work through creating the campaign.
REMINDER: The messages, decision points, and send intervals (and the workflow) that are on the canvas are "best practice" recommendations. Make whatever changes are necessary to customize the campaign to suit your needs.
Import content into the campaign
This section details importing content into a campaign.
To import content:
- Click the first message icon in the campaign canvas.
- On the Send Mail Options dialog:
- Customize the name of the message (optional).
- Select Create New Message from the dropdown.
- Click Create.
- On the Save Campaign dialog:
- Specify a Name and Description for the campaign (these fields are required).
- Specify any of the other settings.
- Click Save.
The Campaign Message Designer launches.
- At the prompt, select a template.
- Click Add Story.
NOTE: Content can be imported into the following layouts only: Text, Text with Headline, Image with Text, News Item, and News Story with Button.
- At the prompt, click Got It to dismiss the acknowledgement.
TIP: Click Learn More to learn more about the landing pages that correspond with each Starter Kit.
- Click the Import Content icon in the toolbar to open the Import Content dialog.
- In the left side of the dialog, click a campaign type to see its message options.
- Click a message to preview its content in the right panel.
NOTE: The message names (e.g., Welcome Email 1) that display in the left panel will populate the subject line of the message. Feel free to customize this to suit your message.
- To insert the selected message, click Insert. (Click Close to cancel.)
The imported content displays in the campaign-step message.
- Review the imported content and be sure to update the highlighted areas with your organization's personalizations and/or links.
NOTE: If your account is integrated with an AMS, use your integrated personalization options when inserting personalization values.
In many of our starter-kit campaigns, we suggest resending your messages to non-openers of the initial send. The resend message should have a new engaging subject line but have the same content as the original message. This is simplified by copying that content.
- Use the Copy Campaign Message option from the dropdown to copy the messages that you have already have in the original campaign.