You can run a variety of reports to see what type of activity and engagement your messages are generating.
Access the Message Reports
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Reports.
- Click one of the report options: Dashboard, My Reports, Message Trends.
The reports and how they're presented on each of these pages will be different. However, there are view and management options, a search feature, and column sorting ability that function identically on any pages that have them. Review the sections that follow to learn more about customizing the information on these pages to maximize your time.
View and management options
The view and management options are described in the following table.
Click to open a dialog in which you can change the basis (such as dates and number of recipients) of the report.
NOTE: This option has the same functionality as the modified link next to the report-selector dropdown.
|Show Numbers||If the report displays as percentages, click to toggle the display to numeric values; the icon will change to a %. Click again to display percentages.|
|Show/Hide Columns||If a report displays as columns, click to access the column chooser dialog to add and remove columns in the view.|
NOTE: Any reports that are generated using the following options will include only the columns and data that are currently displayed. Add and remove columns to configure the report that you want and then proceed.
Click to save a copy of the report. On the Save Report dialog, accept the name of the report or rename it; accept the default category or select a different one from the dropdown; click Save. The report will be available on the Reports > My Reports page.
NOTE: If you do not have any User Categories, refer to Create a User Category, below.
|Print Report||Click to print an on-screen version of the report. In the dialog, click the download icon to save a copy or click the printer icon to select a destination (printer, PDF, Google drive) and print a copy of the report.|
|Export Report||Click to download and save a copy of the report. Choose a location, give the report a memorable name, and click Save.|
|Add to Group||
Click to add the recipients/contacts to a new or existing group. Refer to Add Recipients to a group, below, to learn more.
NOTE: This option is available for recipient-based reports only.
Using the Search field
The search field will be available for "list" reports only and the fields that it queries will vary for different reports. However, the search will function the same across all reports.
- The search is not case-sensitive.
- Type alpha, numeric, and/or special characters and click the magnifying glass icon to start the search.
TIP: Type more characters for more refined results. For example, typing ne will yield reports with Newsletter, New Member, and New York in the message title. Type news to more quickly narrow your results to Newsletter messages.
- Click the X to clear the field and restore the report's original results list.
Column sort order
You can click on any report-list column heading to sort on that column. Click the same heading again to reverse the order of the sort.
EXAMPLE: Click to sort alphabetically (A–Z); click again to reverse the sort (Z–A).
NOTE: Sorting on date columns is latest to oldest, then oldest to latest (on the second click).
Use the tabs (Sent, Opens, Links, Unsubscribe, Bounce, Comparative, Mobile Trends) to choose a report type. On each report tab, use the dropdown to select a report. For example, on the Unsubscribe tab, the dropdown presents seven reports in three categories.
Many of these reports will present a dialog when selected. Use the fields in these dialogs to specify details (such as dates, date ranges, bounce types, and number of unsubscribes) to include in the report.
When the page populates with the results, use the:
- search field to refine the results of large reports,
- icons on the right above the report to customize its content and appearance, and
- then use the icons on the left above the report to save, export, and print the report.
NOTE: Refer to the table above to learn more about these icons.
Create a User Category
If you click Save Report on this page and get prompted to create a User Category:
- Click OK and in the dialog that pops up, click the +-on-a-folder icon.
- Specify a name for the new User Category and click Save.
- In the Save Report dialog, verify the report name and category and click Save.
Your new User Category will display as a tab on the Reports > My Reports page.
This page gets populated with reports that were generated on the Dashboard page and then saved.
Message Trends Reports
This page displays several message-activity reports.
TIP: You can click-and-hold a report title to re-position (drag) it on the page.
Sent Messages - provides the message name, sent information, delivery and bounce data, and information on recipient actions.
- Click the Show Numbers icon (a 1 in a box) to toggle the display to numeric values, and to toggle back to %s.
The trend-based reports (Open Rate, Click Through, Sending, and Bounce Rate) are static bar charts; hover on a bar to see a pop-up numeric value. The numbers below the charts are the dates on which messages were sent
Open Rate Trends - provides a numeric representation of how many of each message was opened. This counts only the initial open by a user; subsequent opens are not counted.
Click Through Trends - provides a numeric representation of how many recipients clicked a link in your message. This count is the number of recipients who clicked, not the number of clicks. Each count of 1 represents one recipient, regardless of whether the recipient clicked a link more than once or clicked multiple links in your message -- the result is still 1.
Sending Trends - provides a numeric representation of how many messages are sent on the various days of the week.
Bounce Rate Trends - provides a numeric representation of how many of each message didn't reach the recipient due to the message being bounced. See Bounce Types to learn more.
Add Recipients to a group
NOTE: This option is available only for Recipient Reports that are selected on the Sent, Opens, and Links tabs of the Dashboard Reports page. This icon will display on the My Reports page, but has no functionality.
If you have run a recipients-based report, you can add the recipients to a group by clicking either the icon or the link below the results.
- On the Add Recipients page, choose whether to add the recipients to a new or existing group.
TIP: Use the search feature to refine large lists and click a column header to sort on that column.
- To add the recipients to an existing group, select a group from the list and click Add to Group.
- Select a group and click the Details icon to see how many recipients are currently in the group.
- To add the recipients to a new group, type a name for the group in the field at the top of the page and click Go to initiate the add-recipient process. A message indicates that it is OK to navigate away from the page.
- When the process has completed, click Close on the "success" message.
- Navigate to Settings > Reports > Upload & Export Job Status and check the Status column of the Add to Group Status section.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups and confirm that the recipients were added to an existing group or that your new group was created and the recipients were added to it.