IMPORTANT: Custom Email Domain is available as an optional feature. To have it enabled in your account, create a case.
Email notifications from your Online Community account use connectedcommunity.org as the root domain for the visible from, reply, and bounce addresses. If you have requested (and been approved) to use your organization's domain, then your from domain can be used, instead of connectedcommunity.org, for all email messages that are sent from your Online Community account.
NOTE: When using a custom email domain, the bounce domain will use amazonses.com; this will allow your bounced email messages to be properly routed back to our system and displayed in the user interface.
The setup process begins with DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) authentication, which requires your domain administrator to have access to add Domain Name System (DNS) records and receive emails at donotreply@[your_domain].com for verification.
To complete the email domain change:
- A support ticket with your organization's custom email domain will be created on your behalf and routed to the Higher Logic Deliverability team.
- The Deliverability team will verify whether your sending email domain has a good reputation and is in good standing (i.e., is not listed on any major blocklists).
- If your sending email domain's reputation "passes," the Deliverability team will send an email message to your donotreply email address for verification.
- The verification link in the email message must be clicked within 24hrs.
- The Deliverability team will create the DNS records and provide them to your organization via the original support ticket.
- There will be two TXT records and three CNAME records.
- These must to be added to your DNS for verification and DKIM signing within three days of receipt.
NOTE: After three days, if the TXT and CNAME records have not been added to your DNS, our system flags the authentication as "failed."
- After the TXT and CNAME records have been added to your DNS, the Deliverability team will verify that they have been added and then update your account to use your organization's from email domain.
- A test email message will be sent from the community to verify authentication and headers.
When these have been confirmed, the process is complete and your organization's custom email domain will be used in the from address for your Online Community accounts' email messages.