The Communications Professional platform has an FTP option available to add target groups. This is great for teams that may not have every user in the Communications Product.
Who should read this guide?
This guide is for Communications users responsible for determining messaging and contact management guidelines. It assumes that you are familiar with:
- Using the Communications system
- Managing an FTP server
- Managing data
When first setting up, you're granted access to the ftp site.
- URL: https://sftp.informz.net/login
Considerations Before Uploading
Uploading subscribers from the Auto FTP interface to Communications can be performed a variety of ways. Below are the considerations that must be made before you upload your first file.
AutoFTP can use the Replace Existing Subscribers option. Previously, the only option available was to add subscribers to an interest. The Replace Existing Subscribers option removes all existing subscribers from the selected interests. The removed subscribers are not unsubscribed. Rather, they are replaced with the email addresses found in the uploaded list.
- Access the URL
- On the login page, enter your user credentials.
- You are prompted to enter two security questions with answers. When ready, click Update to continue.
- Change your password at this time. Navigate to the Account tab and click Change Password at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your old and new credentials. When ready, click Change Password.
- Navigate to the File Manager.
- There are two ways you can add a file: (a) via Drag and Drop and (b) the Add Files button.
- To Drag and Drop a file, simply select the file from your desktop (or other folder) and drag it onto the add file area.
- Alternatively, click Add Files. Navigate to the file location in the resulting window and select the file you wish to add.
- There are two ways to upload files: (a) individually through the corresponding Start button or (b) simultaneously with the Start Upload button.
- To upload an individual file, simply click Start to the right of the desired file.
- To upload all files simultaneously, click Add Files.
- When complete, you will see a confirmation bar indicating a successful upload.
- The AutoFTP option is not an integration - this means that target groups are not automatically updated.
- If you leave files in the File Manager, they will be uploaded automatically when Informz checks for new FTP files to process.
- Users can reuse files with the same name (previously, filenames needed to be unique). Informz checks the dates on these files to ensure that they are not duplicates.
- AutoFTP can use the Replace Existing Subscribers option. Previously, the only option available was to add subscribers to an interest. The Replace Existing Subscribers option removes all existing subscribers from the selected interests. The removed subscribers are not unsubscribed. Rather, they are replaced with the email addresses found in the uploaded list.
- If you wish to view the status of an upload, navigate to Subscriber > Import > Import History in Informz.