NOTE: This Known Issue was resolved 04/15/21. This article will be archived in 30 days.
TIP: See Known Issue Descriptions & Targets for Resolution for information about how Higher Logic classifies issues and the associated target-resolution times.
Some users cannot RSVP to an RSVP event type. When the RSVP button is clicked, users receive an "Invalid_status_code" error message and the reservation is not saved.
NOTE: This RSVP error is not a global issue, and may not impact all users attempting to RSVP to your events.
NOTE: This issue is related to events created via Event Manager, not Event Calendar.
The following steps are a proven workaround for this issue.
- In the Admin interface, navigate to Events > List.
- Click the actions menu for the event in question and select Put On Hold. This prevents anyone new from RSVP'ing but doesn't impact those who already have.
- Create a Simple registration type event, using all the same details as the RSVP event.
TIP: Open each event in its own browser tab so you can quickly copy the details over.
- If people have already RSVP'd to the other event, you'll need to manually register them to the new one. This prevents them from having to take any further action.
What you've done:
- Changed the event from an RSVP event type to one where attendees simply need to perform a few extra steps to register.
- "Moved" anyone who already RSVP'd over to the new event (no action needed on their part).
- Moving forward, new attendees can simply register for the new event.
- Severity: Moderate
- Resolution: Resolved (04/15/21)
- Reference ID: 8529