If your Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) account has the Dynamic Content feature enabled, you can access the feature's dedicated reporting, Dynamic Content Tracking, which has performance metrics that are specific to the Dynamic Content views in your Messages.
NOTE: This is not a default feature in Thrive Marketing Enterprise. To have it enabled in your account, create a case.
Dynamic Content Tracking notes
- Dynamic Content Tracking is specific to Dynamic Content that is used in your Messages. As such, it is unlike other message-tracking metrics and shouldn't be measured against or compared to those metrics.
- Dynamic Content Tracking does not include Messages sent to Contacts who did not match any of the values for the Dynamic Content views.
- The Overview displays the metrics for the Message's entire lifespan.
- The data sets for Dynamic Content Tracking and other message-tracking data are measured independently, despite Dynamic Content blocks and views being part of the message.
- A Dynamic Content block is included in Dynamic Content Tracking only if at least one Contact was eligible to see it. This means: if a view didn't apply to any of the recipient Contacts and a default view wasn't set, then no one could see the block and it will not be included in these tracking metrics.
There are two reports for Messages that contain Dynamic Content; these are described below.
TIP: Both reports have information box icons, , which open an overlay dialog with report-specific information. Click and hold the title bar, and then drag the dialog to reposition it on the page.
Access Dynamic Content Tracking reports
To access a Message's Dynamic Content Tracking reports:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
- Select a message, and then click Track > Message to access the Message's reports page.
View different blocks
In both of the Dynamic Content Tracking reports, you can click the <block_name> link next to Showing data for to open the selector dialog and choose a different block. Only the metrics for the chosen block will display.
NOTE: This functionality is applicable only if the selected Message has multiple Dynamic Content blocks.
Dynamic Content: Overview
This is a list of the views for the Dynamic Content block that is indicated by the text link to the right of Showing data for.
TIP: Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order.
The grid presents performance metrics as gross counts. Refer to the examples below to understand how this impacts the Opened and Clicked columns.
OPENS EXAMPLE: If Ted opens the Message three times and Jenny opens it twice, five (5) opens are reported.
CLICKS EXAMPLE: If Jenny clicks a link in the Message twice and Ted clicks it once, three (3) clicks are reported.
NOTE: The Clicked count is specific to links in views in the selected block. It does not count clicks of other links in the Message.
- Click a data cell (that has a value, such as the 9 in the Delivered column in the image below) to open a dialog that lists the Contacts associated with that activity.
- Click and hold the title bar, and then drag the dialog to reposition it on the page.
- Refer to Recipients List dialog options, below, to learn about the actions you can take in this dialog.
- Click the dropdown in the upper right and choose Click Rate by View to see the click rate of each view, side by side, in a bar chart.
Dynamic Content: Click Rate by View
This reports on the click rates of the links in each view that is in the Dynamic Content block indicated by the text link to the right of Showing data for. The views are color-coded to easily identify them, and the bar chart simplifies performance comparisons.
Note that the links in a view are not segmented. If a view contains multiple links, the click rate that is reported here represents click activity for all of the links in that view.
TIP: If a view does have multiple links, you can see their individual tracking data in the Links: Link Details grid on this Tracking page.
- Click the dropdown in the upper right and choose Overview to return to the views list that's described above.
Recipients List dialog options
This section describes the options in the Recipients List dialog.
- Details - Select a Contact and click Details to access that Contact's dedicated View/Edit Recipient Details page in this tab. Use the browser's Back button to return to this page.
- History - Select a Contact and click History to access that Contact's dedicated History page (see Manage Contact History) in this tab. Use the browser's Back button to return to this page.
- Add All to Group - Click Add All to Group to add all of the listed Contacts (including those on other pages of this list) to a Group. In the dialog, you can add the Contacts to either an existing Group (select one) or a new Group that you create now.
- If you choose to add to an existing Group: choose a Group and then you can either
- Add these Contacts to the Group (i.e., append to the Group's list of Contacts) or
- Replace the Contacts in the Group with these Contacts (i.e., overwrite the Group's list of Contacts).
- If you choose to create a Group: specify a Group name, choose a folder (optional; the default is Main Folder), and click Save.
TIP: Navigate to the Contacts > Groups list and verify that the Contacts were added.
- Export - Click Export to download a .CSV file of the full list of Contacts; a message indicates that the download is in progress. In the window, navigate to where you want to store the file, give it a memorable name, and click Save. Click OK to close the download message.
TIP: Navigate to the saved file and review it.
- Click Close to close the Recipients List dialog.
The Search feature is a great way to distill the list to display just a few Contacts or to find just one.
The search will initiate on the first typed character and start to filter and refresh the list.
- Type as many characters as necessary to adequately filter the list.
- The search queries all the characters in Last Name, First Name, and Email.
- Click the X to clear the search field and restore the full list.
List display & navigation
Use the options below the list to:
- set how many records display (10, 25, 50, etc.),
- add/remove columns in the list (click the dotted underline), and
- navigate the pages of large lists.