Triggered Messages are "reaction" messages. They are prepared and ready to go, but they get sent:
- only when a Contact completes the specified "trigger action" and
- only to those Contacts who complete the action.
NOTE: Messages will populate the Triggered list only if there are other Messages with trigger actions. If none of the Messages in your account is configured with trigger actions, this list page will be empty.
The Triggered Messages page lists all the messages in your Higher Logic Informz account that:
- have been sent because they were triggered by a Contact's action AND
- are configured and ready, but have not yet been sent.
Access your Triggered Messages
To access the Triggered Messages list:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
- To the right of the page title, click the down arrow and select Triggered.
You can manage (e.g., create, edit, copy, move) your Triggered Messages right on this list page.
NOTE: Most of the management actions must be performed on an individual message. However, the page has a multi-select feature (discussed below) that presents only the Move (to a different folder) option.
List pages tips
When working on list pages, remember:
- Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order.
- Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view in order to customize the list with exactly the data you want to see.
- The Name column is hard-coded to display; you cannot hide this column.
- You can click-and-drag a column divider in the list header to resize the width of the column.
- Changes to the displayed/hidden columns and column widths will remain in effect until you change them, even if you navigate away from the page.
NOTE: Message Names are hyperlinks. If you click a message Name, you will navigate away from this page, so consider the following options when managing your messages.
- Click a message Name to open the message's associated Designer in the current browser window.
- Right-click a message Name and choose the "new tab" option to open the message's associated Designer in a new browser tab (keeping this list open in the current window).
- Click anywhere on the row other than the Name to select and manage the message as described in this article.
Triggered Messages actions & options
This article focuses on the actions that are specific to managing the Messages on this list page.
NOTE: The options (Calendar, Folders, Search) that are available in the upper right of the page are identical on all Messages list pages and are described in Manage Messages (Informz).
The edit and copy actions are limited to individual messages, but the page has a multi-select feature that you can use to move messages.
You can use the multi-select feature to simultaneously move several messages to a different folder.
How to multi-select Messages
To select multiple, non-consecutive messages:
- Select a message.
- Press and hold the Ctrl (Windows) or command (Mac) key.
- Select each of the additional messages that you want to manage.
To select multiple, consecutive messages:
- Select a message.
- Press and hold the Shift key (Windows and Mac).
- Select click the last message in the consecutive run that you want to manage.
TIP: You can combine these methods to select/deselect groups of and individual messages.
When you use the multi-select feature, the Move option becomes available from the flyout panel only; it no longer displays above the list. Other options are also removed.
After you've selected two messages:
- The Select All/Deselect All checkbox appears next to Name in the header row. Check the box to select and act on all messages in the current list view.
- With messages selected, you can navigate to additional list pages. If you do, note that:
- Messages you've already selected will remain selected.
- Message checkboxes on the subsequent list pages will be unselected but available.
The Preview Panel
When you select a message, its dedicated Preview Panel opens on the right and displays message details.
- Click the message again to deselect it and close the Preview Panel, or click the X on the Panel.
Create a Triggered Message
You create a Triggered Message as you would any other message, but its exclusive intent is to be sent to Contacts who have taken a specified action.
- Triggered Messages can be created on the In-Progress list page and on this, Triggered, list page.
To create a Triggered Message:
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- Choose a Message Type from the dropdown.
NOTE: If your Informz account has legacy mailing types available, pick the type you want to create.
- Click Create.
Each of these types has its own message-creation process; refer to the article for the Message Type you chose.
|Message Designer (MD2)||See Create Messages (MD2) to learn how to create a Message with Message Designer.|
|From HTML||See Create Mailings From HTML to learn how to create a Message from HTML.|
|Mailing Designer (MD1)||See Create a Mailing to learn how to create a Message with Mailing Designer.|
|Quick Mail||See QuickMail to learn how to create a Message via QuickMail.|
|Snag Mail||See Snag Mail to learn how to create a Message with Snag Mail.|
Edit, copy, & move Triggered Messages
These options are not enabled by default. You must select a message to enable them.
- Click a Message to select it.
- Refer to the table below for options and their actions.
|Edit||Open the Message in the Designer to make changes. The Message will be read only, so you'll have to cancel the scheduled send to edit it; doing so will return it to In-Progress.
NOTE: Refer to the previous table to link to the appropriate article for your Message Type.
|More > Copy||Make a copy of the Message.
In the dialog, give the copy a unique name and click Copy.
|More > Move||Move the Message to a different folder.
In the dialog, select a folder and click Move.
Export the list of Messages
You can export the list of messages from this page to a CSV file.
The exported file will contain all of the list columns, irrespective of which currently display on the page.
To export the list:
- Click the export icon in the upper right.
- Navigate to where you want to store the file, give it a memorable name, and click Save.
TIP: Navigate to the saved file and review it.