If you are interested in which of your community members are really going "above & beyond" in their community engagement, check out the Engagement Leaderboard widget.
NOTE: Only Higher Logic staff can add this widget to your site. If you already have it and want it removed, we recommend hiding the widget instead of deleting it.
This widget has three tabs that you can use to quickly see which of your community's members have been most active:
- in the past 7 days,
- in the past 30 days, and
- since your community was set up.
NOTE: By default, the Staff Security Group is not queried for this widget, so the activity and accumulated points of the Security Group's members are not included here. Because site staff are likely to be some, if not the, most active users, this is done to ensure only your community members are included.
What this widget looks like
Each tab of the widget displays:
- the four members who have been the most active during that time period and
- the number of points that each member has accumulated during that time period.
TIP: To learn about engagement-based points categories and how points are allocated, see Engagement Criteria and Points.
On the widget you can:
- Hover on a member's name or picture to open a popup.
- In the popup, you can click:
- Request Contact to send an invitation to connect with the member. If they accept your invitation, they'll be added to your Profile > My Connections > Contacts list. See View Your Connections.
- Send Message to send a message to the member. The popup converts to a message box with Subject and Message fields; complete these fields and then click Send.
- Click a member's name or picture to open their Profile page in same tab (or right-click to open in a new tab).
NOTE: You must log in to have full functionality. The members' profile information and the hover-based options will not display for non-authenticated users.
How to hide this widget
This widget is available by default on many Higher Logic sites. As mentioned above, only Higher Logic staff can add this widget to your site, so if you already have it and want it removed, we recommend hiding the widget instead of deleting it. Let's learn how.
- Since this widget is located on the Home page, navigate to your site's Home page.
- In the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- You're now editing the page in Page Designer. Click the widget to select it, and then check the Hide box.
- Click Publish to apply the change and hide the widget.