This article details a current Known Issue. When the issue is resolved, the article will be archived.
TIP: See Known Issue Descriptions & Targets for Resolution for information about how Higher Logic classifies issues and the associated target-resolution times.
- Attempting to enter an external LinkedIn URL in the Carousel widget results in an invalid URL failure.
- Attempting to enter an external Zoom or Microsoft Teams URL in the Conference Web Address/URL field for online events results in an invalid URL failure
Both of these errors prevent admins from proceeding.
The following steps are a proven workaround for this issue.
- Use a URL shortening tool such as Bitly to shorten the Zoom or Microsoft Teams link.
- Enter the shortened Zoom or Microsoft Teams link in the Conference Web Address/URL field.
- Enter the meeting password in the Login Instructions field. This way, attendees can easily enter the password when prompted.
- Save the meeting.
- Use a URL shortening tool such as Bitly to shorten the LinkedIn link.
- Enter the shortened LinkedIn link in the URL field for your Carousel slide.
- Save the slide.
- Severity: Minor
- Resolution: No immediate target timeline.
- Reference ID: 13621