If needed, you can create a message and then schedule it to send at a later date instead of sending it immediately. In fact, there are several scheduling options that you can use to customize the send schedule that is most appropriate for your message.
Where and how you schedule a message depends on the message-creation tool that you use. For example:
- Message Designer messages are scheduled on the Review & Send tab.
- Mailing Designer messages are scheduled on the Send tab.
- QuickMail messages are scheduled via the More dropdown on the In-Progress list page.
Understand Scheduled messages
The Scheduled page lists all the messages in your account that have been scheduled to send, but which have not yet been sent.
As messages get sent (according to their send-schedule settings), they are moved from this list page to the Send list page.
NOTE: Messages that have multiple send instances (Daily, Weekly, Monthly scheduling) will be moved to the Send list page after they're sent, while future (unsent) instances of the message remain listed here.
Access your scheduled messages
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
- To the right of the page title, click the down arrow and select Scheduled.
You manage (e.g., edit, copy, move, cancel send) your scheduled messages right on this list page.
NOTE: Most of the management actions are performed on all instances of a message. However, the page has a multi-select feature that offers the Move option only. Use this to simultaneously move all instances of multiple messages to a selected folder.
List pages tips
When working on list pages, remember:
- Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order.
- Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view in order to customize the list with exactly the data you want to see.
- The Name column is hard-coded to display; you cannot hide this column.
- You can click-and-drag a column divider in the list header to resize the width of the column.
- Changes to the displayed/hidden columns and column widths will remain in effect until you change them, even if you navigate away from the page.
NOTE: Message Names are hyperlinks. If you click a message Name, you will navigate away from this page, so consider the following options when managing your messages.
- Click a message Name to open the message's associated editor in the current browser window.
- Right-click a message Name and choose the "new tab" option to open the message's associated editor in a new browser tab (keeping this list open in the current window).
- Click anywhere on the row other than the Name to select and manage the message as described in this article.
NOTE: The options (Calendar, Folders, Search) that are available in the upper right of the page are identical on all messages list pages and are described in Manage Messages.
These options are not enabled by default. You must select a message to enable them.
- Click a message to select it.
- Refer to the following table for options and their actions.
IMPORTANT: On this list page, when you select an instance of a Message, all other instances are automatically selected. Any actions you take on that one instance are automatically taken on all other instances as well.
|Edit||Open the Message in the Designer to make changes. The Message will be read only, so you'll have to cancel the scheduled send to edit it; doing so will return it to In-Progress.|
|More > Copy||Make a copy of the Message.
In the dialog, give the copy a unique name and click Copy.
NOTE: This makes a copy of the Message and puts it in the In-Progress list; it does not add it as a scheduled Message, nor does this action affect the Scheduled Message that was copied.
|More > Move||Move the Message (all instances) to a different folder.
In the dialog, select a folder and click Move.
|More > Cancel Send||Cancel the "send" job for the Message.
In the dialog, click Cancel Send to cancel all instances of the "send" job. The status of the Message will be automatically updated and it will be moved to the In-Progress list (where it can be deleted if necessary).
TIP: Click Continue Send to close the dialog and take no action.
The Scheduled Messages page has a multi-select feature that you can use to move multiple Messages.
When you multi-select several Messages, the Move option becomes available from the flyout panel only.
After you've selected two messages:
- The Select All/Deselect All checkbox appears next to Name in the header row. Check the box to select and act on all messages in the current list view.
- With messages selected, you can navigate to additional list pages. If you do, note that:
- Messages you've already selected will remain selected.
- Message checkboxes on the subsequent list pages will be unselected but available.
When you've selected multiple messages:
- Click Move (in the flyout panel) to move the messages to a different folder. In the dialog, select a folder and click Move.
How to multi-select messages
To select multiple, non-consecutive messages:
- Select a message.
- Press and hold the Ctrl (Windows) or command (Mac) key.
- Select each of the additional messages that you want to manage.
To select multiple, consecutive messages:
- Select a message.
- Press and hold the Shift key (Windows and Mac).
- Select click the last message in the consecutive run that you want to manage.
TIP: You can combine these methods to select/deselect groups of and individual messages.
The Preview Panel
When you select a Message, the Preview Panel opens on the right and displays additional details about the Message.
NOTE: The Send on date will match the next scheduled send date, irrespective of which instance of the Message you select.
- Click the Message again to deselect it and close the Preview Panel, or click the X on the Panel.
Export the list of Messages
You can export the list of messages from this page to a CSV file.
The exported file will contain:
- all of the list columns, irrespective of which currently display on the page and
- all instances of the Scheduled Messages in the list.
To export the list:
- Click the export icon in the upper right.
- Navigate to where you want to store the file, give it a memorable name, and click Save.
TIP: Navigate to the saved file and review it.