If your community account is AMS-managed (integrated with an AMS or CRM), you can change the URL that hosts the Contact Details edit page.
IMPORTANT: The process described in this article is unique to accounts that are integrated with an AMS/CRM database.
Contact Details edit option
Users can click the edit icon to edit their Contact Details (on their Profile page).
When Users click this icon, they're taken to an external "edit" page that is linked to your AMS/CRM database. Any changes that Users make on the edit page will be written to your AMS/CRM database.
Change the edit URL
You can change the URL that hosts the Contact Details edit page. When your community Users click the edit icon shown above, they will be taken to this URL and can manage their Contact Details.
To change the URL of the edit page:
- Navigate to any User profile page.
- Click the edit this page icon in the Webmaster Links menu (or right-click to open in a new tab).
- Locate the Profile Base widget and click the edit icon.
- On the dialog, click the profilebase link.
The CMS page opens in a new tab and the ProfileBase page is selected.
- Click the ellipsis and select Edit from the menu options.
- Locate the Contact Details widget and click the edit icon.
- Scroll down to the External Edit Path text box and specify the URL of your AMS/CRM-linked edit page.
NOTE: Use the option below External Edit Path to have the external edit page open in a new tab (toggle to Yes, recommended) or leave the default of opening in the current tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the dialog and click Save.
TIP: Be sure to Save the other pages and dialogs that are open before closing them.