It's important that your users become and remain engaged in your community. The more engaged your members are, the more vibrant your community is. The Engagement report is the ideal way to quickly see who, in your community, has:
- created content (e.g., documents, threads, and blogs),
- replied to others' posts,
- posted replies that others have found helpful, and
- gotten involved with volunteering and/or mentoring.
In addition to the report, there is the Engagement Summary Dashboard. This Dashboard provides high-level metrics and statistics that have been compiled since your community's inception, and which you can view to get an overview of community activity and performance.
To access the Engagement report:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Engagement > User Engagement > Report.
TIP: If the value in a column is blue text/number, it is a link. Click the link to, for example, view details, visit a member profile, read a blog, or go to a community.
Some Admin reports include "unique" values. To learn more, see Understand unique values.
Engagement Summary Dashboard
This summary page is where you can see a variety of engagement activities; they are presented in various formats (e.g., lists, pie charts, and line graphs) to make the data easier to understand.
Access the Engagement Summary Dashboard
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Engagement > User Engagement > Summary.
Cumulative site statistics
In the upper part of the page, Current Stats - Since Inception lists site metrics and a number of Engagement activities with up-to-date counts for each. These counts date back to your site's inception and account for all users' activities.
EXAMPLE: Using the following example, we can see that this site:
- has 83 communities with 750,000+ logins, of which 18,000+ are unique;
- has more than 160,000 content contributions by 78,640 members;
- has more than 21,000 user profiles but only one quarter of them (5155) have pictures; and
- has an overall Engagement Score of 9555559.
The Report Filter section has three filtering options that you can use independently or together to customize the type and amount of Engagement data displays in Filtered by Date Range And Engagement Factor at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: These settings do not affect the data in the Filtered by Date Range Only section.
- Engagement Factor - Use this dropdown to focus the Daily Engagement and Engagement by User charts to one or more activities (you can select more than one). The default option, Overall, includes all Engagement activities. The page refreshes and auto-updates when you make a selection.
- Security Groups - By default, all users are included in the data. You can, however, use this dropdown to select one or more Security Groups to narrow the users included.
- Date Range - Use these radio buttons to limit the Daily Engagement and Engagement by User charts to a preferred time span. The default is Last Week.
- Last Week is the past six days and today; the page refreshes and auto-updates.
- Last Month is the past 30 days and today; the page refreshes and auto-updates.
- Since Inception is since site inception; the page refreshes and auto-updates.
- Custom is where you can specify any other preferred date range; click the Generate Report button to apply the date range.
Once you've made your selections, click Generate Report.
Let's look at the "report" sections of this page.
Filtered by Date Range Only
This section displays data for the specified date range for all Engagement activities.
- Top Engagement Factors is a pie chart of the top ten activities and the total of Engagement points earned.
- Total Engagement plots the cumulative total of Engagement points, by day.
- Engagement Factors charts all Engagement activities and the Engagement points earned.
Filtered by Date Range And Engagement Factor
This section displays data for the specified date range for the activity that was selected in the Engagement Factor dropdown (or all activities).
- Daily Engagement is a bar chart of the Engagement points earned each day for the selected activity (or all activities) during the specified date range.
- Engagement by User is a list of Members who engaged in an activity and the number of points each Member earned for the selected activity (or all activities) during the specified date range.
Report management options
- There are several options at the top of each report that you can use to navigate, refresh, and export its data.
- Some reports feature additional options, such as filtering data via date ranges or choosing specific items to report on (e.g., a specific Automation Rule or community).
All of the available options are described in Admin Reports.