Tags are a convenient way of categorizing and organizing the content in your community. When content is tagged, it will be grouped with various other types of content that are "related" to it. The Tags reports enable you to:
- see your Tag Groups and details about the Tags in each group,
- view and manage your Tags,
- easily access tagged content,
- remove Tags from content, and
- download lists of your Tag Groups and Tags.
To access the Tags reports:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Settings > Tags and Mentions > Tags.
This list (on the Manage Tags tab) includes all of your community's tags. Here, you can:
- Run a report based on a Tag Group or
- Click Edit Tags for a group to run individual tag reports for the group's Tags on the Manage Tags page.
Tag Group report
Your Tag Groups are listed on this page. To access and view the Tag Group report:
- Select Report from a Tag Group's Actions menu to view a list of Tags in the group.
The report page opens in a new tab and is labeled with the name of the group. The report shows a few details about the Tags in the group.
- Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order. (This sorting applies to all pages of this report.)
- Click a Used Count number to view the "Usage" page for that Tag; this page has links to the content that has been tagged.
- Click Export to download the list of Tags in your choice of a .csv or .xls file.
- Click a Tag's Delete button (and OK at the confirmation) to remove it from all content it's applied to.
Individual Tag report
The Tag Group report (discussed above) provides some high-level information about the Tags in each group. In addition to this, you can view details about all of the Tags in a group.
To access and view the report for an individual Tag:
- In the Manage Tag Groups list, click the Edit Tags button for a group.
The page refreshes and lists the Tags in the group.
TIP: Click Order Tags Alphabetically below the list to re-arrange the list.
- Select Report from a Tag's Actions menu to view details about the Tag.
NOTE: If you click Delete (and OK at the confirmation) in this menu, you will delete all instances of the tag from all content across your site.
The page refreshes to the "Usage" page for that Tag.
The report shows details about the content the Tag is associated with, and who added it and when.
- Click a (blue text) column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order. (This sorting applies to all pages of this report.)
- Click a content title in the Content column to link directly to that community content.
- Click a name in the Added By column to visit that user's Profile.
- Click Export to download the complete list (i.e., all pages) of Tag-usage details in your choice of a .csv or .xls file.
NOTE: If you click Delete (and OK at the confirmation) on this page, you will delete only this instance of the tag from this piece of content; all other instances of the tag will remain intact.