We all know the importance of a good first impression; when it comes to your Higher Logic Thrive Community (Thrive Community), that first impression will likely be the Welcome page, as this is the default page shown to visitors without accounts and users who haven't logged in.
Watch the video
TIP: Check out the Higher Logic Academy Paths page for product- and role-specific videos!
What does the Welcome page look like?
A default, out-of-the-box Welcome page is shown below. As you can see, it provides some key, high-level information about your community:
- a large banner image at the top with buttons to join or learn more;
- a space dedicated to your organizations mission statement;
- a list of community highlights allowing users to quickly connect with their peers, browse or participate in conversations, and more;
- a glimpse of upcoming events;
- and a list of your organization's blog articles.
This page has been designed with your association in mind; its primary goal is to showcase content from across your Thrive Community to entice visitors to join.
Is the Welcome page customizable?
Yes. Site Admins and Super Admins can update every aspect of the page to suit your organization's unique needs.
While this page may look complex, it's built with only two types of widget and one HTML content block, making the process of updating it simple. The default widget page configuration is as follows:
- Featured Cards widget - This widget makes up six of the seven total widgets. Site and Super Admins can update the images, text, and buttons in each of these widgets directly on the page by clicking Edit Featured Cards. See Widget Spotlight - Featured Card to learn how to manage this widget.
- HTML content block - The mission statement is simply text within an HTML content block. To edit this text, click the edit icon shown below to display an edit dialog where you can use our Content Editor to add/remove text, apply standard text-formatting options, insert images, embed videos, and more.
- Upcoming Events List widget - This widget is a feed that dynamically lists upcoming events from across your Thrive Community. It lists three events but the full list can be viewed via the View all upcoming events link.
If you want to make changes that go beyond simply updating the page's default content, you can do this as well. Your Higher Logic Thrive Community includes Page Designer, an all-purpose page editor that gives you the flexibility to add and delete widgets, change the page's layout, and more.
Check out the following articles to learn more about our CMS and Page Designer: