Do you have important links you'd like to share with your members? Perhaps there are pages across your Higher Logic site, or external pages from your organization's web site, you want to promote. If so, the Quick Links widget enables you to make the content important to your organization easily accessible to your users.
How it works
Like most widgets, this one is added to a page via Page Designer. There are no parameters to configure there because the widget is fully managed on the "front end" of your site.
Each Quick Links widget has a management menu at the top. Click the ellipsis icon to edit or delete the widget's links.
NOTE: Refer to the Widget configuration section below to learn how to configure this widget and manage its content.
Let's take a look at how to configure this widget.
|Link title *
|The hyperlinked title.
|Link destination *
|Where users are taken when they click the link. This can be a page code or a full, valid URL, including "https://" where appropriate.
TIP: Check the Open in new window box to open the linked page in a new tab while preserving the current community page (recommended).
TIP: The preview on the right updates in real time as you make changes, making it easy to check your work as you go.
Adding, removing, and rearranging links
Let's switch gears and focus on how to add links, organize them, and remove the ones you no longer need.
- You can add as many links as you need, though you should limit the total number to prevent the widget from being too large on the page.
- Click + Add another link to add one; within a link section, click Remove link to delete it.
- Click a link section to expand/collapse it.
- You can also drag and drop each link's section to rearrange the links at any time.
Delete all widget content
While you can edit a Quick Links widget to make small adjustments, like updating a link title, link destination, or icon, you can also completely wipe all content at once.
In instances where you want to start from scratch, this enables you to do so with the click of a button rather than having to delete content line by line.
IMPORTANT: This action cannot be undone. Because content is stored directly in the widget, make sure you won't lose any important URLs you may not otherwise have easy access to.
To wipe all content from a Quick Links widget:
- Click the widget's dropdown, followed by Delete.
- In the confirmation popup, click Delete.
Add this widget
You can add this widget to any page across your site via Page Designer.
- Navigate to the page you'd like to add the widget to.
- On the Admin Toolbar at the top of the page, click Edit Page. You are now editing the page in Page Designer.
- In the Build tab > Widget section, type "quick links" in the search field to quickly locate the widget.
- Drag and drop the widget onto the canvas in the desired location.
- With the widget selected on the canvas, click the Properties tab.
- Configure these properties as needed, paying special attention to the name and View Permission (to control who can view it).
- Lastly, click Publish to save your changes and make the page live.
As mentioned earlier, there are no widget options to configure; this widget is managed fully on the front end of your site.