Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets associated to our Volunteer module.
Access the widgets
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
|Displays on a user's Volunteer Profile and is intended for volunteer information (e.g., volunteer history and experiences, why they volunteer, etc.) specific to that user.
If this widget gets deleted from a Volunteer Profile, you can re-add it via Page Designer.
|Displays a leaderboard of the most engaged volunteers.
Users can view the leaderboard based on the following filters:
|Volunteer Opportunities List
|Displays a list of current volunteer opportunities.
|Volunteer Opportunity Details
|Displays full details about an opportunity.
This out-of-the-box widget is unique to the Volunteer Opportunity Details page and requires a URL that indicates which Volunteer Opportunity you are viewing.
|Volunteer Opt In
|Displays a toggle option on a user's Volunteer Profile after they've opted in to the community's Volunteer Pool.
The toggle option is Invite me to volunteer when opportunities match my expertise? and, if = Yes, the user will be invited to volunteer for opportunities seeking their expertise.