Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets associated to our Blogs module.
Access the widgets
To access the widgets:
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
|All Blogs List||By default, this widget displays all of the most recent blogs from across your site. It provides a large amount of preview text so users can get a feel for what a post is about, as well as pagination buttons to easily browse the complete list of blog posts.
|Recent Blogs||Unlike the All Blogs List Widget, the Recent Blogs Widget is designed to provide a "snapshot" of recent blog posts. It's typically limited to three posts, and displays less text, making it ideal to place in a page's sidebar.
|Blog Details||Displays a blog post's full details page.
By default, this widget is used on the "Blog Viewer" page.
|Create/Edit Blog Post||Displays the form used to create/edit a blog post.
By default, this widget is used on the "Post to Your Blog" page.