Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets that apply to the community, rather than a specific module/feature (such as Discussions or Events).
Access the widgets
To access the widgets:
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
|Communities List||Lists the communities that a user belongs to, can join, and/or can view. There are filtering options, a member-status bubble, and "threads" and "members" counts.|
|Community Admins||Lists the community's Community Admins|
|Community Leaders||Lists community members who have leadership positions in the community|
|Community Moderation Queue||Lists the community content items that in are in moderation or have been rejected. There are filtering options, linked titles, and action buttons.
NOTE: This widget displays only for Super Admins, Community Admins, and Community Moderators.
|Community-specific HTML||HTML content that is unique to a community and appears on the Community Home page|
|Current Community Members - Block View||Lists the community's current members|
|My Communities Quick List||Displays a randomized list of up to four communities of which the user is a member.|
|Nested Community - Family Tree||Displays the hierarchy of communities nested under the main community site. Click a community name to access that community.|