Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on our profile-based widgets.
Access the widgets
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
The widgets in the Profile category control the profiles for your community users. Your site is prebuilt with a page in the CMS called ProfileBase, and this is where the majority of these widgets are used.
- We do not recommend removing or editing these widgets on the ProfileBase page, as this could break the profile experience for all users across your community.
- These widgets should not be used outside the ProfileBase page. Because of this, these widgets will not be discussed in detail in this article.
- With that said, there are two Profile widgets you may want to review/customize to suit your needs: Digital Ribbons and Badges and Edit Profile Demographic.