Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets associated to our Library module.
NOTE: Only widgets associated to our redesigned library are discussed in this article.
Access the widgets
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
Library page widget
This widget is used on the Browse > Library Entries page and on the Library tab for individual communities.
|Library Entries - 2021||This single widget powers Higher Logic's redesigned library interface.
To learn more about updating to the redesigned library experience, see Updating to the Redesigned Library.
Library Entry widgets
These widgets are used on the View Entry page that displays when users click to view an individual Library Entry.
|Library Entry Actions||Inserts an Actions dropdown on a Library Entry page allowing users to perform the following actions:
|Library Entry Attachments||Displays a Library Entry's associated files.
|Library Entry Details||Displays the description for a Library Entry.|
|Library Entry Statistics||Displays the following activity/statistics for a Library Entry:
|Media Display||Allows you to embed video content from the selected Library Entry on a page.|
Global Library widget
This widget can be added to any page across your site.
|Quick Library Entry Upload||Allows users to easily upload a Library Entry from anywhere.