Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets associated to our Glossary module.
Access the widgets
To access the widgets:
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
Why use a Glossary?
The Glossary is your site's custom repository for definitions and explanations of words, phrases, and terms that are used within your organization. It can be a valuable resource in which veterans and experts can share their knowledge, especially technical terms and industry jargon that other might be unfamiliar with.
To learn more about this optional feature, see Site Glossary.
|Create/Edit Glossary Entry
|Displays the form used to add a term to your Glossary.
|Displays a Glossary term's description and other details (e.g., how many comments, views, and revisions).
NOTE: This widget should be used on the "Glossary Entry" page only.
|Displays your complete Glossary list.
|Glossary Revision History
|Shows the history of a Glossary entry's revisions.
NOTE: A Glossary entry has to have revisions in order for this widget to work.