Built in to the Member Management pricing system are discount codes, allowing your organization to offer users discounts to any or all of your memberships. This is a great way to run promotional offers as incentive to join.
Watch the video
TIP: Check out the Higher Logic Academy Paths page for product- and role-specific videos!
Access your discount codes
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Membership > Discount Codes.
Create a discount code
- Click the (+) to the right of the page title.
- Complete the options in the Create Discount Code dialog. Refer to the table below for descriptions of each.
- When finished, click Save to create the discount code.
|Name||Give your discount code an appropriate name.|
|Description||Provide a description applicable to the code's purpose/audience.|
|Code||The text you enter here is the actual discount code users will need to enter during checkout.|
The number entered here functions according to the selected Discount Type. For example, if the Amount Off is set to "50":
NOTE: Only integers are accepted in the Amount Off field. While you can enter a number like 5.4, it will be rounded to the nearest integer upon save (in this case, down to 5).
|Start/End Date||Use these two options to set the window during which the discount code will be available.|
|Associated Membership Types||Your Membership Types are the various memberships users can purchase to obtain an associated benefit. The discount code will be available to the Membership Types selected here.|
Edit discount codes
Once created, you can only edit the following aspects of a discount code:
- its name,
- its description,
- its end date,
- and the Membership Types it applies to.
NOTE: Editing the Code, Amount Off, and Start Date is not allowed for two reasons:
- First, to preserve data history and integrity.
- Second, to prevent the creation of discount codes that are recycled time and time again. This practice of "long-lived" codes that are frequently repurposed can lead to confusion.
Deactivate discount codes
There are two ways a discount code can become deactivated:
- Automatically when its End Date is reached.
- Manually at any time by selecting it and clicking Deactivate.
View your deactivated discount codes
All deactivated discount codes are stored and managed on the Inactive list, available via the list-selector dropdown shown below.
Reactivate a discount code
Reactivating a discount code is as simple as setting its End Date to any day beyond today's date. If you do, the discount code will become active and be available in the Active list.
Can I delete a discount code?
- While you cannot delete codes, you can deactivate them. This moves them to the Inactive list to keep your Active codes clutter free and organized.
- Not deleting discount codes ensures data history and integrity is preserved.