It's important that the contact records in your Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) account are complete and up-to-date. This is the best way to ensure that your messages reach the intended audience.
Thrive Marketing Professional offers two methods of records-management: spreadsheet uploads and integration sync. You can use each of these to create contact records and to update their details.
NOTE: The integration sync method requires that your Thrive Marketing Professional account be integrated with an AMS/CRM database.
Admins can use this method to create and update the contact records in their Thrive Marketing Professional account.
NOTE: This method is also available to customers who have Higher Logic Thrive Platform (Thrive Platform), which incorporates Higher Logic Thrive Community (Thrive Community).
The creating and updating of records is achieved by:
- preparing a spreadsheet with the required fields and contact data,
- saving it as a .CSV file, and
- uploading it to Thrive Marketing Professional.
The spreadsheet serves as your "database," and is the authoritative source for future record creation and updates.
TIP: Higher Logic recommends that you make and save a copy of your upload spreadsheet.
- This method does not use an API, FTP, or other direct integration between Thrive Marketing Professional and an AMS/CRM.
- Higher Logic provides a single-column spreadsheet as a template for this method.
IMPORTANT: The spreadsheet must remain a single-column .CSV file to better ensure the success of the upload.
- New contact records and updates to existing records must be performed via a fresh upload process.
Higher Logic provides and maintains:
- The documentation for processing the file uploads. See Upload Contacts.
- The user interface for processing the file uploads.
Each customer/subscriber is responsible for:
- Managing records via the uploads based on Higher Logic's documentation. See Upload Contacts.
- Any workflows required in order to capture contact-change requests.
Thrive Marketing Professional integrates with several AMS and CRM databases.
Contact records from those databases can be synced into Thrive Marketing Professional.
To see a list of supported integrations, see Thrive Marketing Professional Integrations.