NOTE: This Higher Logic Technical Worksheet is intended for customers with Engagement Platform for Members.
The technical integration framework between your Association Management System (AMS) and Higher Logic is determined by the information received in this technical worksheet. This framework defines how Higher Logic interacts with the data in your AMS to create:
- member profiles,
- security groups,
- communities, and
After the integration is established, a periodic check (Periodic Refresh) for changed records in your AMS, coupled with a refresh of each updated record (Member Refresh) yields a robustly integrated ecosystem. The Periodic Refresh and Member Refresh ensure that Higher Logic has the most-up-to-date member data.
Complete the information below, providing as much detail as possible. Contact your project manager if you have any questions.
Section I: Web service access
To start the integration, provide to Higher Logic valid xWeb and iWeb credentials. To obtain these credentials, contact Abila netFORUM Enterprise Support and ask them to provide you with an xWeb username and password to your production database for the integration.
- The iWeb credentials must have Administrative access to the Toolkit Module to create XML Web Services.
- This level of access is required only during integration. See the screenshot below for details.
Provide the requested web service credentials below.
Cases to be submitted to NFE Support
- Submit a case to grant SQLAdmin access to [JDeguzman_HL, RZhao_HL, KO'Donnell_HL]
Section II: Importing records and granting member status
Higher Logic will sync all active records or a subset of active records from netFORUM based on the information provided in this worksheet.
During the sync, Higher Logic uses data that is retrieved from netFORUM to create Security Groups in your Community site; these are usually based on Member Types.
- Security Groups make it possible for site administrators to restrict access to pages and/or communities to subsets of users.
- Security Groups also grant member status in your Community site. Those that do are grouped into a larger Security Group called IsMember, which administrators can use to easily restrict access to all members at large.
Higher Logic will sync all records from netFORUM Enterprise to your Community site.
List the Member Type Codes that exist in netFORUM Enterprise.
|Member Type Code||Access to Site?||Access to Open Forum/Show in Directory?||Approx. # of Records|
Higher Logic can categorize your Staff differently from your Members. This gives us the ability to add staff to a designated "staff" community, add "staff" ribbons to their profile, and exclude them from the Most Active Members widget. To allow us to do this:
- create a Member Type Code in netFORUM Enterprise titled Staff,
- assign your team appropriately, and
- note this Membership Type Code above.
Section III: Expiration date
By default, Higher Logic uses a record's MEMBEREXPIRESON as the end date to their Community access.
Section IV: Events
Event information is synced from netFORUM Enterprise to your Community site once per day.
A calendar of events is created and available to your members in your Community site.
Section V: Profile
Member contact information (e.g., first name, last name, company name and address, phone number, etc.) is integrated from your AMS to create profiles.
Section VI: Single Sign-On
Single Sign-On (SSO) makes it possible for your members to move between your main organization website and your Community site without having to separately log in to each.
- If you do not plan to use SSO for this integration, skip this section.
|Do you use netFORUM eWeb for authentication?||Yes / No|
|If Yes, please provide the eWeb login URL:|
SSO solutions that do not involve the Netforum eWeb site would be supported only if one the following authorization standards are implemented.
- Oauth 2.0
- SAML 2.0
To test the SSO, provide the username and password for two test records:
Section VII: Do Not Email
As is required for GDPR, Higher Logic allows for the ability to integrate email opt-outs if it's supported in your AMS/CRM.
- Indicate whether you would like to integrate this information, as well as how we can identify a user who would like to be opted out.
|Do you want opt users out of all emails via the ______ flag in your AMS/CRM?||Yes / No|
|If No, and there’s an alternative way you would like to opt users out of emails via the integration, please describe it here.