Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional's (Thrive Marketing Professional) integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Dynamics 365) makes it easy for you to customize your marketing messages with information that is stored in your Dynamics 365 database.
Lists in Microsoft Dynamics 365
The integration picks up any active Marketing List searches in Dynamics 365 if the:
- Name of the list begins with HLMA
Configuration steps in Thrive Marketing Professional
The integration with Dynamics 365 automatically creates a new Target Groups folder, Integration, in Thrive Marketing Professional; new Dynamics 365 Target Groups are added to this folder.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
- Click the orange Refresh Target Group List button in the lower left of the Admin interface or Refresh in the toolbar above the list.
NOTE: This refresh operation only resyncs the list of available Dynamics 365 Target Groups; it does not resync the Target Groups or their information, that is a separate step.
When the refresh completes, the available Dynamics 365 Target Groups will be in the Integration folder.
Target Groups syncing
Your Target Groups in Thrive Marketing Professional synchronize with your Dynamics 365 database when:
- An Admin navigates to Contacts > Groups and selects Info from a Target Group's hover menu to perform a manual sync.
- A message -- that is using a list from your Community -- is sent. Thrive Marketing Professional resyncs the Target Group just before sending the message in order to ensure that the most up-to-date version of the list of contacts is used."
- A campaign -- that is using a list from your Community -- is running. Thrive Marketing Professional resyncs the Target Group hourly so that during the life of the campaign, it has the most up-to-date information, which is necessary when sending the campaign's mailings."
Thrive Marketing Professional has a set of out-of-the-box personalization fields, which have been cached and can be added to templates and messages. You can add the Dynamics 365 personalization fields (listed in Dynamics 365 Personalization fields, below) to the personalization cache so that they are available when creating and editing messages and templates.
- In order to personalize messages and templates with the user data from your integrated database, the (personalization) fields have to be cached (stored locally) in Thrive Marketing Professional.
In this section, we'll look at how to cache these fields and how to then insert the fields in your templates and messages so that each recipient's personal information is inserted into the message at send time.
Caching Personalization fields
Dynamics 365 personalization fields must be cached in order to:
- be used in Thrive Marketing Professional mailings
- use the personalization test
To see which personalization fields can be cached:
- Navigate to Settings > Set Up > Bridge Configuration (Only UPI).
- Under Personalization Attributes, click List of Personalization Attributes.
- Select (a maximum of 20) fields to be cached and click Save Changes & Refresh Cache.
Add Personalization fields to templates and messages
You can add Thrive Marketing Professional and Dynamics 365 personalization fields (that have been cached) to your templates and messages. Below is a high-level view of the process.
To add personalization fields:
- In your template or message, place the cursor at the location where you want the personalization to appear.
- Click the Personalizations icon in the toolbar to open the Personalizations selector.
- Select Integrated Personal Info from the dropdown and then choose a personalization field.
- Repeat these steps for each personalization field that you want to include.
- Save your template or message.
To learn more about including personalizations in your templates and messages, see Personalization.
Dynamics 365 Personalization fields
The table below lists the Personalization fields that sync from Dynamics 365 into Thrive Marketing Professional.
NOTE: The sync will also include any custom demographics fields in Dynamic 365.
|Alternative Contact Id||Bio||Birthday||Blogger URL|
|Contact Id||Contact Type||Designation||Do Not Email|
|Ethnicity||Exclude From Directory||Facebook URL||First Name|
|Gender||Informal Name||Is Member||Is Organization|
|Last Name||LinkedIn URL||Member Expires On||Member Since|
|Middle Name||Organization Name||Other Social URL||Parent Contact Id|
|Prefix Code||Primary Contact Contact Id||Primary Email Address||Profile Image URL|
|Suffix Code||Title||Twitter URL||Website URL|
TIP: Use these fields in conjunction with your account-specific profile fields to add personalization to your messages so they are as "customized" as possible for each recipient.