This article provides information on the update to the Higher Logic Online Community Connection, the Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) connection to Higher Logic Community.
NOTE: The information in this article is unique to Thrive Marketing Professional customers.
This connection update:
- offers improved overall performance and
- addresses some minor security concerns.
When will my connection be updated?
Higher Logic currently has scheduled the update for Sep. 14, 2022.
- The update will occur "behind the scenes"
- The update will be seamless and non-interruptive to your experience
- You are not required to do anything before, during, or after the update
The only change in this updated version of the Higher Logic Online Community Connection is to the synchronization schedule. Instead of the sync with your Community automatically occurring every three hours, this updated version syncs when:
- An Admin navigates to Contacts > Groups and selects Info from a target group's hover menu to perform a manual sync with your Community.
- A message -- that is using a list from your Community -- is sent. Thrive Marketing Professional resyncs the list just before sending the message in order to ensure that the most up-to-date version of the list is used.
- A campaign -- that is using a list from your Community -- is running. Thrive Marketing Professional resyncs the list hourly so that during the life of the campaign, it has the most up-to-date information, which is necessary when sending the campaign's mailings.
Do I have to edit any of my automated campaigns?
No. We will update the existing versions of the lists, so you won't have to edit your campaigns.
Do I have to change any scheduled messages?
No. If you have a scheduled message that is set to send to a current target group from your Community, we will update that target group, and the message will send as expected.