This article describes the Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) integration with Association Anywhere and highlights other articles that you might find helpful.
Below are several questions that should provide some insight into this integration. There are also the steps that are required in order to get the integration set up.
Which version of Association Anywhere supports this integration?
- Association Anywhere, version 7.4.1 and higher
- If you are on 7.4.1 or higher, there is nothing additional to be done
- If you are on a version earlier than 7.4.1, you can either:
- Upgrade to a later version (ACGI's preference)
- Work with ACGI to update your specific installation with the components needed for this integration
What do we need to do to integrate?
Let ACGI know that you wish to integrate with Thrive Marketing Professional and they will work with you on setting up the schedule and timeline. ACGI will configure your Association Anywhere instance and provide Thrive Marketing Professional with the connection information.
The implementation of Association Anywhere occurs in two phases.
Phase 1: Test
- ACGI will allowlist the Thrive Marketing Professional IP address (184.108.40.206) on your Development instance
- Thrive Marketing Professional will work with you to complete the functionality tests while connected with your Development instance
Phase 2: Go Live
- Upon completion of the functionality testing while connected to your Development instance, ACGI will delist the Thrive Marketing Professional IP address on your Development instance and allowlist the Thrive Marketing Professional IP address on your Production instance.
- Thrive Marketing Professional will work with you to complete the functionality tests while connected with your Production instance.
How long does it take to integrate?
- The actual mechanics of setting up and testing can take as little as a week, but there are multiple factors that can influence when testing and setup can begin.
- See Association Anywhere Implementation Checklist for information on integration set-up steps, responsibilities, and timeline estimates.
Configure Association Anywhere
As noted above, ACGI will configure your Association Anywhere instance to support the integration. To begin the process, reach out to your ACGI contact and request that they configure your Association Anywhere Development and Production instances to support the integration, and to allowlist the Thrive Marketing Professional Production IP (220.127.116.11) for your Development instance.
Configure Thrive Marketing Professional
Once ACGI has configured your Association Anywhere instance, they will provide Thrive Marketing Professional with the information below.
- Your Association Anywhere API URL (aka Web Service Address)
- Username for Thrive Marketing Professional user
- Password for Thrive Marketing Professional user
- Your Association Anywhere SSA URL for Opt-Out Management
These values are entered in your account by navigating to Admin > System Settings > Edit Integration Settings (see below). The checkbox is checked to make the integration "active."
Once this step is complete, a connection test is performed by navigating to Admin > Setup Bridge Configuration > Check Connection. When a successful result returns, we move on to testing.
The Association Anywhere SSA URL for Opt-Out Management is configured in Admin > System Settings > Opt-out Management Page URL.
Completing functionality testing
Once Thrive Marketing Professional has been configured, and the connection test is successful, work through the following functionality tests to confirm that the integration is functioning properly.
Create a Test Distribution List in Association Anywhere
- The first step in testing functionality is to create a Test Distribution List in Association Anywhere to use for testing. This distribution list only needs to include a single record. See Target Groups to learn how.
- Configure the record in the distribution list to have an email of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Configure the record in the distribution list to have a value in the "First Name" field to use for testing Personalization (using "Informz" as the value is sufficient).
Complete the functionality testing
Once the Test Distribution List (Target Group) has been created, Thrive Marketing Professional will complete the following tests:
- Target Group List Sync - Refresh the Target Group List to pull the Test Distribution List from Association Anywhere. See Synchronizing.
- Successful Test: The Test Distribution List will appear as a Target Group in the "Association Anywhere" folder
- Target Group Sync - Sync the Test Target Group to view the details of the list. See Synchronizing.
- Successful Test: The list details will be available
- Send an Email with "First Name" Personalization - A test email containing "First Name" personalization will be created and published to the Test Target Group. See Personalization and Cached Personalizations.
- Successful Test: The First Name value from the test record in Association Anywhere has been pulled into the published email
- Unusbcribe Writeback - The Thrive Marketing Professional "Unsubscribe" link will be clicked from within the received test email, and the record will be unsubscribed from Thrive Marketing Professional Mailings. See Writebacks.
- Successful Test: The test record in Association Anywhere will be updated with the unsubscribe writeback (under Customer Contact Preferences, the "exclude the recipient from all communications" check box will be marked)
- Resubscribe Writeback - The record will be manually resubscribed from within Thrive Marketing Professional. See Writebacks.
- Successful Test: The test record in Association Anywhere will be updated with the resubscribe writeback (under Customer Contact Preferences, the "exclude the recipient from all communications" check box will be unmarked)
Upon completing all functionality testing, the integration will be "live."