Once you've identified a list of people that you'd like to send a mailing, you need a way to create that list in MemberSuite. You do this by creating a Search and then saving it. Informz uses that search as the basis for a target group.
Informz requests email recipients from a saved search in MemberSuite. Each time the individuals from the search are requested, MemberSuite reruns the query, ensuring that Informz has the most current list.
New searches coming into Informz as target groups are initially placed in the MemberSuite folder in Informz; these can later be moved to different folders.
Step 1 - Create a search
- Navigate to CRM > Search for CRM Records.
- In the What are you searching for? area, choose:
- Category - CRM
- Record Type - Individual
- Retrieve a Search - Start with a fresh search
- Click Continue & Customize Search.
Step 2 - Add search criteria
You can refine your search by adding different criteria. (Remember, your search becomes a target group in Informz.)
- Use the dropdowns to select the fields and operators to create the search criterion.
- When complete, click Add Criterion to include it.
- To add more criteria, repeat these steps.
The integration does not require specific fields (output columns) in a search to create the target group, nor does it require any sorting parameters. You may use the default values for each of these sections.
- Click the Output Results dropdown and select Directly to my web browser.
Step 3 - Save the search
- Click Save this Search at the bottom of the page.
- On the new page, enter a name for the search and select Public as the Access Level.
NOTE: Private searches will not sync to Informz.
- Click Save this Search to finish.
Your search becomes a target group in Informz.