To manage the default privacy settings for information shown on your community site's user profiles:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Users > Profile > Privacy Defaults.
Manage default privacy settings
From here, you can set the default privacy setting for each item available on your community site's profiles (e.g., name, email address).
NOTE: Each user can override these defaults by setting their own privacy preferences on their Profile > My Account > Privacy Settings page (refer to the Privacy Settings section of the Manage Your Inbox & Account Preferences page for more information).
On this page:
- The Name column lists your available profile items.
- You can enable/disable each item by checking/unchecking its Active box (disabled items won't appear on user profiles).
- Set the default privacy setting for each item to one of four options:
- Nobody - Only the user can view the item on his/her own profile.
- My Contacts - Only a user and his/her contacts can view the item.
- Members Only - Only the user and members of your community site can view the item.
- Public - ALL users can view the item, even those who aren't members of your community site.
NOTE: If you add new profile items on the Admin > Users > Demographics page, be sure to set your desired preferences for them here. See Profile Demographics to learn more.