A template is like your mailing's stationery or letterhead. It ensures your mailings are sent with a consistent, properly-branded look that renders well on different email programs and devices. Additionally, because a template is reusable, each template will greatly improve your efficiency when creating new mailings.
While there are lots of things that a non-designer can accomplish when working with a template in the Informz editor, having a designer create your templates is a best practice. Be sure that your designer understands that the HTML used for an email template can behave differently than the HTML used for a website. Create a case if you have any questions about the HTML in your template.
Working with Templates
- Navigate to Mailings > Templates > View.
- Hover over the menu icon to the left of the desired template to view the available options:
- View - Click to view the template in a preview window.
- HTML - Click to access the template in the HTML editor.
- Text - Click to see a text version of the template.
- Style - Click to modify the template location styles.
- Properties - Click to modify the fundamental settings of the template. The Friendly From, From Email Address, and Reply-To Address are key settings for every template, and will default to the System Settings value if left blank.
- Copy - Click to make an editable copy of the template.
- Delete - Click to remove the template.