You can keep your account organized and clutter-free by deleting Target Groups (Admin interface > Contacts > Groups) that you no longer use and retaining only those that you're actively using.
The "automatic cleanup" option in System Settings can be enabled and then configured to automatically delete unused Target Groups:
- based on a threshold that you set (X number of days, months, or years) and
- by Target Group type.
This article describes this setting only. To learn about all of the System Settings options, see System Settings.
Access System Settings
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Settings > System Settings.
- Locate the Target Group Automatic Cleanup section.
Enable and configure Automatic Cleanup
In this section, you can:
- enable the automatic cleanup of your Target Groups,
- set which Target Groups are deleted, and
- notify your colleagues.
To automate target-group cleanup:
- Check the Active box to enable the feature; the section expands to reveal the configuration options.
- Click the dropdowns to set the "have not been used in" number (1–30) of days, months, or years threshold.
- Click the dropdown to choose which types of Target Groups to delete. This is you how you delete unused Target Groups while preserving others.
NOTE: Deleted Target Groups can be "undeleted," as described in Delete/Undelete Target Groups.
- Specify which users to notify (one email address per line) when Target Groups are automatically deleted.
- Configure other settings on the page — or scroll to the bottom and click Update.