Web Tracking Target Groups are very similar to Action-based Target Groups: While Action-based Target Groups allow you to create lists of Contacts based on actions they have or have not taken with your messages, Web Tracking Target Groups allow you to create lists of Contacts based on actions they have or have not taken on your site.
Are your campaigns and message Target Groups hungry for more Contacts? Web Tracking target groups are great for feeding Contacts into campaigns. They also allow you to easily create Target Groups to help you follow up with Contacts to nurture their interest in different topics or information that they have accessed on your web site.
Create a Web Tracking Target Group
To create a Web Tracking Target Group:
- Classic admin interface - Navigate to Subscribers >Target Groups
- New Admin Interface - Navigate to Contacts > Groups
- From here, click Create.
- In the dialog, select Web Tracking.
- Name the Target Group and choose a folder to store it in.
- Specify a date range as to when the actions will happen, or have happened.
- Select an action to target.
- After selecting an action, you then must set its criteria below.
- Lastly, click Create Target Group.