If you have enabled Real-time Participation Emails on your profile, you'll be immediately notified via email when someone:
- replies to one of your Discussion posts
- comments on one of your Blog articles, Library uploads, or Ideation submissions.
- You cannot enable/disable real-time participation emails on a site or individual community level; each user can control whether to receive these emails from their profile.
- Only users with Daily Digest and those who have opted out of receiving email messages can receive participation emails; they will not be sent to users with Real Time and Plain Text subscriptions.
- These real-time participation emails are separate from your community subscription emails. For example, if you're subscribed to a community with Daily Digest emails but post a thread to that community, you'll receive real-time notifications about any replies but also receive your Daily Digest email at the end of the day to browse other content in the community.
- To prevent duplicate notifications in your inbox, you won't receive real-time participation emails if you're receiving Real Time notifications for a community.
How to receive these emails
By default, you'll automatically receive real-time participation emails for all content you're following.
NOTE: The look of this toggle on your site may be different than what's shown below, but its function remains the same.
If you've disabled Participation Emails from your profile (on the My Account > Email Preferences page), the Follow toggle will not display on content pages.
Because the system defaults you to automatically follow content you contribute, this means you'll automatically receive them when other users:
- reply to one of your discussion posts
- comments on one of your blog articles, library uploads, or ideation submissions.
NOTE: You can unfollow your own content; just navigate to the content and click the Follow toggle.
Manually follow content
In addition to receiving real-time participation emails from content you have contributed, you can also manually follow Discussion posts, Blog articles, Library Entries, and Ideation submissions others have contributed. This enables real-time participation emails for this specific content so that you'll be notified when your peers engage with it.
NOTE: See Follow Content to learn more about how to manually follow content and view this content from your profile.
How to unsubscribe from these emails
There are several ways to unsubscribe from participation emails.
- Click the Unsubscribe link in a participation email to unsubscribe from the associated thread.
- Click the Unsubscribe from all participation emails link in any participation email to unsubscribe from all participation emails.
- Click email preferences to access your profile.
How to enable/disable these emails
You can enable and disable participation emails from your profile:
- From your profile, navigate to My Account > Email Preferences.
- Toggle the Participation Emails option to Yes/No.
Keep in mind...
Even if set to No, you will continue to receive—in your community account Inbox only—the following types of participation email messages. These messages will not be delivered to your personal, external email account.
- Reply to sender
- Contact request
- Ideation, Library, and Blog participation emails