If Real-time Participation Emails is enabled, you'll be immediately notified via email when someone:
- replies to one of your discussion posts
- leaves a comment on one of your blog articles, library uploads, or ideation submissions.
NOTE: Only users with Daily Digest and those who have opted out of receiving email messages can receive participation emails; they will not be sent to users with Real Time and Plain Text subscriptions.
NOTE: These real-time participation emails are separate from your community subscription emails. For example, if you're subscribed to a community with Daily Digest emails but post a thread to that community, you'll receive real-time notifications about any replies but also receive your Daily Digest email at the end of the day to browse other content in the community.
NOTE: To prevent duplicate notifications in your inbox, you won't receive real-time participation emails if you're receiving Real Time notifications for a community.
How to receive these emails
Unless explicitly disabled, you'll automatically receive these emails when users:
- reply to one of your discussion posts
- leave a comment on one of your blog articles, library uploads, or ideation submissions.
Manual content following
You can manually follow discussion posts, blog articles, library uploads, and ideation submissions. This enables real-time participation emails for this specific content so that you'll be notified when your peers engage with it.
NOTE: See Follow Content to learn more about how to manually follow content and view this content from your profile.
How to unsubscribe from these emails
There are several ways to unsubscribe from participation emails.
- Click the Unsubscribe link in a participation email to unsubscribe from the associated thread.
- Click the Unsubscribe from all participation emails link in any participation email to unsubscribe from all participation emails.
- Click email preferences to access your profile.
You can enable and disable participation emails in your profile:
- Navigate to My Account > Email Preferences.
- Toggle the Participation Emails option to Yes/No.
Keep in mind...
Even if set to No, you will continue to receive—in your community account Inbox only—the following types of participation email messages. These messages will not be delivered to your personal, external email account.
- Reply to sender
- Contact request
- Ideation, Library, and Blog participation emails