From the My Account section of your profile, you can manage a number of important settings and preferences.
While site staff set the default privacy settings for your profile information, you can update them at any time, giving you complete freedom over what personal information you want visible to other users viewing your profile.
Reference the numbers to the image below:
- Toggle this option to YES/NO to control whether you're included or removed from the Member Directory and Community Rosters. If set to NO, you're essentially hidden and can't be searched for or found by other members.
- For each of your profile fields, you can control who can see it by selecting one of the following visibility options:
- Your contacts
- Other members (i.e., those with an account who are logged in)
- The general public (i.e., everyone, even those without an account)
- Only you
NOTE: Super Admins can set default profile privacy settings on the Admin > Users > Profile > Privacy Defaults page. See Default Privacy Settings for more information.
In addition to user messages and general notifications, you may also routinely receive email messages originating from the following categories: System, Community, Social, and Promotional (each category is described on this page). If you want to opt-out of receiving messages from any of these categories, except for System (which include important messages like password change notifications, event registrations, etc.), simply toggle their associated category to NO.
NOTE: You will always receive these messages in your profile inbox, regardless of these settings: Opting-out only controls whether a category's associated messages are sent to your listed email address.
In addition, you can:
- Click Change to update where these emails are delivered (by default, it's the email address you entered when creating your account),
- Click Manage Opt-out List to manage which communities you don't want to receive any emails from. Note that this refers generally to messages from Community Admins and/or community managers via Automation Rules and personal outreach; opting in or out of community Discussion notifications is controlled on the Community Notifications page.
NOTE: This page also indicates if there's a block on your email address; if so, an interface will be available you can use to potentially resolve the underlying issues and remove the block.
Here, you can enable RSS feeds for any desired content, including Discussions, Libraries, News, and the Glossary. To do so, simply select the desired tab and follow the prompts to receive RSS content from specific Discussions, Libraries, etc.
Your personal RSS Feed link is provided for you at the bottom of the page, which you can copy and paste into the Feed Reader of your choice.
NOTE: Before you can use RSS feeds, you must download a news reader or configure your browser or email application. For a list of news readers and aggregators, click HERE.
On this page, you can manage your community subscriptions, establish notification overrides, and create Consolidated Digests.
See Manage Your Community Notifications to learn more about how to manage these notifications.
Here, you can use the available variables to create your default Discussion signature that will be added to the bottom of each of your Discussion posts. To do so, click the desired variables on the right to add them on the left.
If you make any changes, click Save at the bottom to apply them. You can also click Use Default Template to use your site's template signature.
NOTE: Variables are added in the order they're clicked, so you may have to delete some and try again to achieve the desired order.
This is where you can manually update your account password at any time. The criteria you must adhere to when updating it are listed on the page; once all criterion are met, and you've confirmed the password, click Save.
NOTE: If your membership account is integrated with a third-party database or AMS, you'll likely be taken to its associated password management page.
NOTE: Super Admins can update the password policy users must adhere to when updating their account passwords on the Admin > Tools > Set/Configure Login Password Policy page. Refer to the Configure Your Site's Password Policy page for more information.