If you need to launch and/or auto-subscribe a database/AMS-managed community, follow the steps below to ensure that its subscriptions and visibility are correctly applied.
In your integration database:
- Create a community in a classification that is included in your Higher Logic integration.
NOTE: This process will vary based on the type of database you have.
- Populate the community with your users/members.
In Higher Logic:
- Ensure the community is created through the integration. To do this, either:
- Navigate to Admin > Tools > Data Sync > Sync External Database and refresh one of the users in the community OR...
- Wait for the periodic refresh to run (every 30 minutes). The refreshing of a record will trigger the community to be created in a hidden Community Type in Higher Logic.
- When you're ready for the community to go live, navigate to Admin > Communities > List of Communities and, in the global list of communities, move the community to a visible Community Type by clicking Edit.
NOTE: This will launch the Community Settings page where you can select a Community Type and enable a discussion and library (see Manage Community Settings to learn more).
- If auto-subscribing, ensure auto-subscription is enabled for the Community Type and set to the desired frequency. To do so:
- Navigate to Admin > Communities > Community Types, edit the Community Type, and select the subscription type in the Subscription type menu at the bottom of the page.
- After moving the community to a Community Type with an active auto-subscription, all records must be refreshed in order for the subscription settings to apply to each record. To do so:
- Navigate to Admin > Tools > Data Sync > Sync External Database to refresh the community.
- After the refresh completes, verify that records are subscribed in Higher Logic. To do so:
- Navigate to Admin > Reports > Discussions and view the All Discussion Subscriptions report.