If you need to launch and/or auto-subscribe a database/AMS-managed community, follow the steps below to ensure its subscriptions and community visibility is correctly applied.
- Create a community in your database in a classification (type) included in your Higher Logic integration. This process will vary based on the type of database you have.
- Within your database/AMS, populate the community with users in your database/AMS.
- On your Higher Logic site, ensure the community is created through the integration. You can do this by either refreshing one of the users in the community in the Admin > Tools > Data Sync > Sync External Database screen or wait for the periodic refresh to run (every 30 minutes). The refresh of a record will trigger the community to be created in a Hidden community type in Higher Logic.
- When you're ready for the community to go live, move the community to a visible Community Type by locating the community in the global list of communities on the Admin > Communities > List of Communities page and clicking Edit. This will launch the community settings page where you can select a new Community Type and enable a discussion and library (see Manage Community Settings to learn more).
- If auto-subscribing, ensure auto-subscription is enabled for the Community Type to the desired frequency. To do so, go to Admin > Communities > Community Types, edit the Community Type, and select the desired subscription type in the Subscription type menu at the bottom of the page.
- All records must be refreshed after moving the community to a Community Type with an active auto-subscription in order for the subscription settings to apply to each record. You may refresh the community in Admin > Tools > Data Sync > Sync External Database.
- After the refresh completes, verify that records are subscribed in Higher Logic. Navigate to Admin > Reports > Discussions and view the All Discussion Subscriptions report.