Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) gives you the ability to integrate with your Salesforce CRM so that information on leads and contacts will flow both ways, allowing your organization to quickly identify the best opportunities.
NOTE: These instructions are for the basic integration, which does not include marketing automation. However, the basic integration is required as a prerequisite for the more robust marketing automation integration. See Integrating with Salesforce for integration details.
NOTE: This article references Real Magnet and RM. Real Magnet is a previous name of Thrive Marketing Enterprise, which continues to use legacy settings under that name.
Before you begin...
The first step to integrate Thrive Marketing Enterprise and Salesforce is to create a case for our Support team.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Go to: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04tE0000000Qc27.
- In the window similar to the one below:
- Click Install for All Users. (If your organization has SOPs for installation, follow those steps.)
- Click Install.
- Click the Contacts tab and select a contact.
TIP: You can click the Leads tab instead, and follow these steps if you want to add leads.
- Pull out the tab on the right side of the screen and click Edit Layout.
- In the Contact Layout area, select Related Lists.
- The related list, Real Magnet Activity History, displays on the right; drag it to the bottom, as shown in the following image.
- Click the wrench icon above the Real Magnet Activity History header to access the list properties.
- Select Activity, Activity Date, and Email Address in Available Fields and click the right arrow to move them to Selected Fields, as shown below.
- Click the dash icon in the Columns header bar to collapse the section, and click the plus icon in the Buttons header bar to expand the it.
- Uncheck the New box and click OK. Then, in the layout screen header, click Save.
The image below shows the related list view of Real Magnet Activity that you now have (after data is populated).
TIP: Repeat these steps to add Leads by selecting the Leads tab.
NOTE: In addition to the related lists, there is also a Real Magnet Tracking report template under the Other Reports type; this is helpful for viewing data.