Personalizations are a great way to engage your subscribers because you can customize your mailings with fields that will populate with subscriber-specific data, such as name and title.
When personalization cache is enabled, Informz displays Aptify personalization fields as table columns in your Informz accounts.
The Informz for Aptify integration supports many different personalization fields, so you'll have plenty of options when you want to add subscriber data to your mailings. Listed below are the fields that are available with the integration.
|Company||Outstanding Orders/ Balance Due|
|Company City||Primary Email|
|Company Phone||Primary Phone|
|Company State||Recent Expired Subscription|
|Country||Recent Order ID|
|First Last||Recent Subscription ID|
|Member Type||Upcoming Meeting|
|Membership Expiration Date||Upcoming Registered Meetings|
|Membership Years||Zip Code|
You can select a personalization field from the Personalization toolbar tool. The personalization code has the following format:
Informz receives the data to populate the code during the mailing send process.
You can access the Attribute window and modify different data elements for your personalizations.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
- Click List of Attributes (also leads to edit).
- Click Edit for your desired attribute. You can modify the following fields:
- Internal Name
- Display Name
- Personalization Default
The Data Element is the Aptify name of the field. It cannot be changed in Informz.
The Personalization Default is used when no value exists for a subscriber's personalization field. The field populated in the mailing defaults to the personalization default value.
If you do not wish to use a particular piece of data from Aptify for personalization, uncheck the Attribute Use: Personalization checkbox.
Custom Personalization Fields
The Informz for Aptify integration supports custom personalization fields. If more personalization fields are needed, identify the desired fields and then contact your Aptify administrator. The administrator must alter the base view (vwPersonCampaignDetails under Campaign List Detail entity) to now include these new fields.
Static personalization fields are also supported.
As above, personalization data is not stored locally in Informz; data is gathered from Aptify just before sending a mailing.
To create a custom Aptify personalization field, log into Aptify as an administrator. Then:
- Click Framework and select Entities.
- Click the Find Records (binocular) icon and search for Campaign.
- Double click on the Campaign List Detail row and select Base Views.
- Double click on Person Campaign Details and select Fields.
- Double click to modify the Display Name.
- Click the Entity dropdown list to use a field from an area other than the Campaign List Detail.
- Select an Entity. If the requested entity is not joined to the base view, you will need the Join Foreign Key. Click on another field to see which entities have already been joined.
- Click the Entity field to see which fields are currently associated with the selected entity.
- Select a Field.
- Click OK.
- Click OK (Base Views Record).
The save must complete successfully and the Database Object record must be generated during the save.
Aptify can assist if the Database object has to be manually generated.
Informz allows remote personalization fields to display in your Informz accounts as table columns. These personalizations are ultimately cached in Informz, and they refresh once a week (through a weekly behind-the-scenes process) or manually. When enabled, these personalization fields appear as selectable columns in any subscriber listing, and you can preview data in those fields.
Enable Cached Personalizations
Before you begin, you'll need to enable the personalization cache in your account. Next, you'll select the fields you wish to cache.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
- Click List of Personalization Attributes.
- Click the Plus (+) icon to open the list of integration personalizations.
To cache data for a value, check its corresponding checkbox.
You can select up to 20 fields (you’ll receive an error if you attempt to select additional fields).
- When complete, click Save Changes & Refresh Cache.
Refresh Your Personalization Cache
As above, selected personalization fields sync weekly. Additionally, you can sync on an ad hoc basis by clicking Refresh Personalization Cache on the Bridge Configuration page (Informz displays the date of the most recent sync).
- Open the Target Group information pop-up window and click the Subscribers tab.
- Click Columns and add the personalized field that you wish to preview – simply click the Plus Sign (+) that corresponds to the personalization you wish to view.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Now, when you view the columns, you’ll see all the personalization fields with the appropriate previews.
Testing Personalizations in MD2
You can test personalizations directly in Mailing Designer 2 from the Review & Send tab (see Sending).
NOTE: When you publish a mailing to a remote subscriber, Informz uses the personalization values that have been cached.