Your organization can create unlimited organization-approved status labels that can be applied to submissions. These labels allow your organization to provide feedback about ideas in two ways:
- They let users know where an idea is in the overall process (e.g., Submitted, Approved, Denied, Released).
- They enable your organization to provide feedback about ideas (e.g., Great idea!, Not Possible, Already in Development).
During submission, users can select from your organization's custom Statuses (a Status is required for every submission), and admins can update a submission's Status as the process evolves.
TIP: Submissions can also be filtered by Status for efficient searching and management.
To create and manage Statuses:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Feedback > Ideation > Statuses.
Create a Status
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- Give your Status a name.
- Set whether it's active or not. This determines whether it can be applied to a submission.
- Set whether users can vote on submissions with this Status. Why would you want to close voting on ideas with specific Statuses? Let's say you have an In Production Status. Ideas with this Status have already been approved for development and no more voting/feedback is required for them. In this case, you'd likely want to disable voting.
- Click Save. Your new Status can be now applied to Ideas.
Select a Status to enable the following functionality:
- Click Edit to update its name, whether it's active, and whether it's open for voting.
- Click Delete to delete the Status.
NOTE: You can't delete a Status that has already been applied to one or more submissions. However, you can use the provided menu to easily move the associated submissions to a different Status and then delete it.
- Click Set as Default to make it the default Status for all new submissions (users can still change it, if they want). The default Status is indicated in the list.