Your organization can create unlimited organization-approved status labels that can be applied to submissions. These labels allow your organization to provide feedback about ideas in two ways:
- They let users know where an idea is in the overall process (e.g., Submitted, Approved, Denied, Released).
- They enable your organization to provide feedback about ideas (e.g., Great idea!, Not Possible, Already in Development).
During submission, users can select from your organization's custom statuses (a status is required for every submission), and admins can update a submission's status as the process evolves.
TIP: Submissions can also be filtered by status for efficient searching and management.
Status label example
Access your Statuses
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Feedback > Ideation > Statuses.
Watch the video
NOTE: This video is a comprehensive look at Ideation. Ideation statuses are discussed starting at 00:17:52.
Create a Status
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- Give your Status a name.
- Check the box to set the Status to Active. Only active statuses can be applied to a submission.
- Check the box to allow users to vote on submissions with this Status.
Why would you want to close voting on ideas? Assume you have an In Production Status and that Ideas with this Status have already been approved for development. You don't want any additional voting/feedback, so you can "close" the voting.
- Click Save.
Your new status can be now applied to ideas.
Select a Status to enable the following functionality:
- Click Edit to update its name, whether it's active, and whether it's open for voting.
- Click Delete to delete the status.
NOTE: You can't delete a status that is applied to one or more submissions. However, you can use the dropdown menu to easily move the associated submissions to a different status and then delete the status.
- Click Set as Default to make a status the default for all new submissions (users can still change it, if they want). The default status is indicated in the list.
Change Status on the Ideas page
Users with edit permissions for ideas will see an ellipsis menu on idea cards on the Ideas page.
This provides a quick and easy way for them to change an idea's status.