When you create a Landing Page, a set of associated target groups is also automatically created.
- This set of target groups is unique to the Landing Page for which it was created.
- Each of the target groups in the set has a distinct purpose and gets populated based on user activity with the associated Landing Page.
This article describes the Landing Page-associated target groups and how to assign them to a folder and manage them on the list page.
Default target groups
The default target groups collate user interactions with the Landing Page based on several activities, and this is reflected in their names so that you can more easily locate specific data.
The target group names adopt the name of the Landing Page and then append the activity. If your page is named Subscription Page, its associated target groups are:
- Subscription Page: Submitted
- Subscription Page: Visited
- Subscription Page: Visited but did not Submit
- Landing Pages target groups display on the Contacts > Groups list page.
- You cannot change the names of these target groups.
- If you change the name of a Landing Page, the system automatically updates the names of its associated target groups to reflect that change.
- If you delete, deactivate, or archive a Landing Page, its associated target groups remain active (on the Contacts > Groups list page) so that the data remains accessible.
Assign the target groups to a folder
When you create a Landing Page, you can select a folder in which to store its associated target groups (on the Save dialog, as shown).
- The Target Group Folder field defaults to Landing Pages.
TIP: You can choose a different folder (including any that have been created in your account); if you do, be sure to note this so that you and others know where to find the target groups.
NOTE: This field displays when creating Form and Content Only types of Landing Pages; it does not display for an Unsubscribe Form type.
Manage the target groups
The target groups that are created for Landing Pages activity data get added to the Target Groups list page. You can manage them as you would any other group.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
- Click the folder dropdown in the upper right and select Landing Pages.
NOTE: If you assigned your Landing Page-based target groups to a folder other than the default (Landing Pages) when you created the Landing Page, choose that folder from the dropdown.
The list displays only the target groups that are associated with Landing Pages, so it's easier to manage these groups.
- View up-to-date counts of user activity for Landing Page interactions.
- Manage the groups via their individual hover menus.
- Click a column header to sort on that column; click it again to reverse the sort order.
- Use the Search field to refine the list.