Curious about the recent features and updates that are available in Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional)? If so, you've come to the right place.
New Message Categories feature
RELEASE DATE: April, 2023
The Message Categories feature gives Admins the ability to create account-specific categories, and then assign messages and Contacts to the categories. Message Categories makes it easier for Admins to:
- group messages that have something in common and
- manage Contacts' preferences (i.e., opting out of messages).
Admin interface changes
Message Categories are managed on a new Admin list page, Messages > Message Categories.
- You can assign messages to Message Categories on the Messages > List page.
- You can assign Contacts to Message Categories on the Contacts > List page.
These list pages are described in their own sections in Manage Message Categories.
The Message Categories feature is enabled in all accounts and has a "required" condition that is managed in Admin > Settings > System Settings.
To learn about this setting, as well as other Message Categories-related changes in your account (e.g., reports, target groups), see Message Categories Overview.
There is a new Message Categories Checkbox option in the Items flyout that you can add to Landing Pages to make it easier for your Contacts to self-manage their message preferences.
To learn how to add and configure the new Item on a Landing Page, see Landing Pages Items.
MD2/TD2 - new Image Gallery Story
RELEASE DATE: February, 2023
The Image Gallery feature gives Admins the ability to add and then manage (update, replace, delete) groups of images in their Template Designer 2 (TD2) templates and Message Designer 2 (MD2) messages.
- Grouping (in a single story) several images that share a commonality simplifies creating, for example, a grid of sponsor logos or a gallery of photos from an event.
- Image files are added in the Image Gallery story via Asset Manager. Consequently, Asset Manager file considerations apply to your Image Gallery images.
- You can add as many images as you want to an individual Image Gallery story.
To learn more, see Image Gallery Story.
Dynamic RSS - new display/hide option
RELEASE DATE: July, 2022
The Dynamic RSS content type has a new option that enables you to control whether RSS feeds display in the online version of messages that you create in Message Designer 2 (MD2).
- In the Dynamic RSS Properties panel, check the Include RSS in Online Version box to have any RSS feeds in the message display in the (webpage-based) online version.
- Uncheck the box to prevent RSS feeds from displaying in the online version.
To learn more, see Dynamic RSS Feed.
Vimeo added to Video story type
RELEASE DATE: July, 2022
The YouTube Video story type has been enhanced to include Vimeo videos, and has been renamed to Video.
- The updated story is supported in Template Designer 2 (TD2) and Message Designer 2 (MD2).
Templates vs. Messages
As with all template and message designs in Thrive Marketing Professional, it's important to note that:
- Videos that are added to a template are included in all messages that are based on that template.
- Videos that are added to a message are unique to that message; they display only to recipients of that message.
To learn more, see Video Story.
Template and Message Designer updates
RELEASE DATE: June, 2022
The Thrive Marketing Professional designers have each received an update.
Template Designer 2 (TD2)
Three story types (Dynamic RSS, HTML Content, and YouTube Video) were added to the Custom Layout Editor. These are now available when creating and editing a custom layout.
To learn more, see Custom Layouts.
Message Designer 2 (MD2)
You can now "hide" preheader text so that it doesn't display in the body of your email messages.
When you use the Message Preheader Content placeholder, the new option (shown below) ensures that the preheader text displays only in the preview in the recipient's email inbox, not in the message content.
To learn more, see Create a Preheader (MD2).