Curious about the recent features and updates that are available in Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional? If so, you've come to the right place.
New Message Categories feature
RELEASE DATE: April, 2023
The Message Categories feature gives Admins the ability to create account-specific categories, and then assign messages and Contacts to the categories. Message Categories makes it easier for Admins to:
- group messages that have something in common and
- manage Contacts' preferences (i.e., opting out of messages).
Admin interface changes
Message Categories are managed on a new Admin list page, Messages > Message Categories.
- You can assign messages to Message Categories on the Messages > List page.
- You can assign Contacts to Message Categories on the Contacts > List page.
These list pages are described in their own sections in Manage Message Categories.
The Message Categories feature is enabled in all accounts and has a "required" condition that is managed in Admin > Settings > System Settings.
To learn about this setting, as well as other Message Categories-related changes in your account (e.g., reports, target groups), see Message Categories Overview.
There is a new Message Categories Checkbox option in the Items flyout that you can add to Landing Pages to make it easier for your Contacts to self-manage their message preferences.
To learn how to add and configure the new Item on a Landing Page, see Landing Pages Items.
MD2/TD2 - new Image Gallery Story
RELEASE DATE: February, 2023
The Image Gallery feature gives Admins the ability to add and then manage (update, replace, delete) groups of images in their Template Designer 2 (TD2) templates and Message Designer 2 (MD2) messages.
- Grouping (in a single story) several images that share a commonality simplifies creating, for example, a grid of sponsor logos or a gallery of photos from an event.
- Image files are added in the Image Gallery story via Asset Manager. Consequently, Asset Manager file considerations apply to your Image Gallery images.
- You can add as many images as you want to an individual Image Gallery story.
To learn more, see Image Gallery Story.
Dynamic RSS - new display/hide option
RELEASE DATE: July, 2022
The Dynamic RSS content type has a new option that enables you to control whether RSS feeds display in the online version of messages that you create in Message Designer 2 (MD2).
- In the Dynamic RSS Properties panel, check the Include RSS in Online Version box to have any RSS feeds in the message display in the (webpage-based) online version.
- Uncheck the box to prevent RSS feeds from displaying in the online version.
To learn more, see Dynamic RSS Feed.
Vimeo added to Video story type
RELEASE DATE: July, 2022
The YouTube Video story type has been enhanced to include Vimeo videos, and has been renamed to Video.
- The updated story is supported in Template Designer 2 (TD2) and Message Designer 2 (MD2).
Templates vs. Messages
As with all template and message designs, it's important to note that:
- Videos that are added to a template are included in all messages that are based on that template.
- Videos that are added to a message are unique to that message; they display only to recipients of that message.
To learn more, see Video Story.