NOTE: This article is for customers with the New Admin Experience interface (vertical left-navigation bar).
If your interface is different, view the "classic" version of this article.
By design, replies to email messages go to the sending (i.e., originating) email address. However, you can use the Reply To Address feature in Higher Logic Real Magnet to configure an alternate email address for replies to your messages.
NOTE: The feature will not always work as expected, as in the two scenarios detailed below.
- The recipient clicks to reply to your message, notices that the alternate email address you've configured is not the sender address, and manually changes it.
- Email servers on the recipient's end could be configured to ignore a Reply To Address.
Although Real Magnet requests that your recipient's email servers and email clients send their replies to the original sender or Reply To Address as you specify, it is ultimately up to those email servers and email clients to make it happen.
When enabling Reply to Address for your account, an Admin user may determine that only certain users should be allowed to use this functionality.
NOTE: If the Enterprise feature is enabled in your account, Reply to Address can be set as a configurable Enterprise asset.
To access your Reply To Addresses:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Options > Reply To Address.
Use this page to create, edit, and delete addresses.
Create a Reply To Address
- In the text field, specify a valid email address and click Submit.
- Optionally, check the box to make this address the default Reply To Address.
The page will refresh and your new Reply To Address will display in the list.
Vanity email addresses
You can create vanity addresses, but be sure to format them correctly (as shown below).
- Enclose the friendly name in quotation marks ( " " )
- Insert 1 space
- Enclose the email address in left and right angle quotes ( < > )
EXAMPLE: "Mary Manager" <marman@ABCLLC.com>
Manage your addresses
The Manage section displays your account's Reply To email addresses.
- You can quickly see which email address is the default, if one has been designated.
- Vanity addresses will display first (due to the " character). These will be followed by email addresses that start with a numeral, then standard "A" to "Z" sorting.
- Click [Z–A] to toggle the alphabetic order of the list; click again to reverse the order.
- Use the delete and edit options as described below.
Edit a Reply To Address
You can change the text and vanity portions of a Reply To email address.
- Click the pencil icon next to an address in the list.
- On the Edit page, make your address changes and/or toggle its default setting.
- Click Submit.
Back on the Reply To page, a message at the top of the page confirms the edit. Review the list to verify before navigating away.
NOTE: If you've designated this address as the default, it will supplant any other that had been assigned.
Delete a Reply To Address
You can delete a Reply To email address that you no longer use.
- Click the X next to an address in the list.
- On the Delete page, verify that this is the address that you want to delete.
- Click Submit.
Back on the Reply To page, a message at the top of the page confirms the deletion.
NOTE: Deleted values might remain available in the "create" field; select and click Submit to re-use.