The From Address is the email address you want displayed to your Contacts in the “From” field of an email message. This information is mandatory for every message that is sent from Communications Enterprise, but you can create custom From Addresses that will be available from a dropdown when your account's users are creating email messages.
The two-fold benefit of these pre-configured addresses is that your messages will appear to originate from just a few authorized addresses and your users won't have to expose their email addresses.
When enabling From Address for your account, an Admin user may determine that only certain users should be allowed to use this functionality.
NOTE: If the Enterprise feature is enabled in your account, From Fields (Pre-defined From Field) can be set as a configurable Enterprise asset.
Access your From Addresses
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Options > From Address.
Use this page to:
- and delete addresses,
- as well as to manage the use of Ad-Hoc addresses.
Create a From Address
In the text field at the top, enter a valid email address and click Go.
The page will refresh and your new From Address will display in the list. Also, the address will now be available from the dropdown when users are sending email messages.
Vanity email addresses
You can create vanity addresses, but be sure to format them correctly (as shown below).
- Enclose the friendly name in quotation marks ( " " )
- Insert 1 space
- Enclose the email address in left and right angle quotes ( < > )
EXAMPLE: "Mary Manager" <marman@ABCLLC.com>
Manage your addresses
The Manage section displays your account's Reply To email addresses.
- Vanity addresses will display first (due to the " character). These will be followed by email addresses that start with a numeral, then standard "A" to "Z" sorting.
- Click [Z–A] to toggle the alphabetic order of the list; click again to reverse the order.
- Use the delete and edit options as described below.
Using Ad-Hoc addresses
Using From Addresses forces your users to select a From Address when sending an email message. However, you can also let them input an email address other than one of the account-wide From Addresses.
- In the Enable or Disable Ad-Hoc section, select:
- Yes to enable Ad-Hoc addressing; users can specify email addresses in the text field below the dropdown on the Send page.
- No to disable Ad-Hoc addressing; users will have to select an address from the dropdown on the Send page in order to send the message.
- Click Go.
The page will refresh. The change will not be apparent here, but your selection will take affect on the Send page.
Edit a From Address
You can change the text and vanity portions of a From Address.
- Click the pencil icon next to an address in the list.
- On the Edit page, make your address changes.
- Click Submit.
Back on the From Address page, a message at the top of the page confirms the edit. Review the list to verify before navigating away.
Delete a From Address
You can delete a From Address that you no longer use.
- Click the X next to an address in the list.
- On the Delete page, verify that this is the address that you want to delete.
- Click Submit.
Back on the From Address page, a message at the top of the page confirms the deletion.
NOTE: Deleted values might remain available in the "create" field; select and click Submit to re-use.