If your organization has several departments, you can use Accounting Codes to associate your email messages with those unique departments. By setting up the codes, they'll be available from a dropdown when sending a message and the sender can select the appropriate code.
NOTE: Marketing Automation Enterprise (MA Enterprise) does not provide these codes; they are internal and unique to your organization.
MA Enterprise also provides a field for Billing Initials.
To enable Accounting Codes and/or Billing Initials, create a case. Both of these fields can be set as required.
When enabling Accounting Codes for your account, an Admin user may determine that only certain users should be allowed to use this functionality.
NOTE: If the Enterprise feature is enabled in your account, Accounting Codes (Pre-defined Billing Code) can be set as a configurable Enterprise asset.
To access your Accounting Codes:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Options > Accounting Codes.
Use this page to create, edit, and delete accounting codes, and to manage the use of Ad-Hoc codes.
Create an Accounting Code
- In the text field, specify a valid code and click Go.
Accounting Codes can contain and can start with letters, numerals, and special characters.
The page will refresh and your new Accounting Code will display in the list. Also, the code will now be available from the dropdown when users are sending email messages.
Manage your codes
The Manage section displays your account's Accounting Codes.
- Codes that start with special characters will display first. These will be followed by codes that start with a numeral, then standard "A" to "Z" sorting.
- Use the delete and edit options as described below.
Using Ad-Hoc codes
Using Accounting Codes forces your users to select a code when sending an email message. However, you can also let them input a code other than one of the account-wide code.
- In the Ad-Hoc Billing Code section, select:
- Yes to enable Ad-Hoc codes; users can specify codes in the text field below the dropdown on the Send page.
- No to disable Ad-Hoc codes; users will have to select a code from the dropdown on the Send page in order to send the message.
- Click Go.
The page will refresh. The change will not be apparent here, but your selection will take affect on the Send page.
Edit an Accounting Code
You can change the text of an Accounting Code.
- Click the pencil icon next to a code in the list.
- On the Edit page, make your changes.
- Click Submit.
Back on the Accounting Codes page, a message at the top of the page confirms the edit. Review the list to verify before navigating away.
Delete an Accounting Code
You can delete an Accounting Code that you no longer use.
- Click the X next to a code in the list.
- On the Delete page, verify that this is the code that you want to delete.
- Click Submit.
Back on the Accounting Codes page, a message at the top of the page confirms the deletion.
NOTE: Deleted values might remain available in the "create" field; select and click Submit to re-use.