Creating a transactional message is as easy as a few keystrokes and selections.
- Navigate to Messages > Transactional > List.
- Click Create Mailing.
- On the resulting page, enter the following information in the corresponding fields:
- Mailing Name - Enter a name to identify your transactional message.
- Folder - Click the menu to select a folder for your transactional message.
NOTE: Transactional messages are stored within the Transactional module; they are separate from your standard message folders. You can create folders for your transactional messages on the Messages > Transactional > List page.
- Recipient Data File - Click Choose File to select a recipient data file to upload. If you have an integrated account, you can select to upload from a SQL View. You must have a recipient data file or SQL View available before you send a transactional message.
- Subject Line - Enter a subject line for your transactional message.
- Admin Email Address - If someone at your organization receives copies of each message sent, enter that person's email address here.
- Mailing Template - Click the menu to select a message template from your available transactional template options.
- Attachment Template (optional) - Click the menu to select an attachment template.
- Date Format - Click the menu to select a date format to use within the message, attachments, and other fields within the transactional message.
- Accounting Code - If your organization uses account codes, click the menu to select a code to bill the messages to.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to create your transactional message.
NOTE: Creating the message does not send it.