Before you begin
- Review the netFORUM Integration Overview to answer general questions about the integration - more detailed information can be found in the Integration Guide.
- The netFORUM integration with Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) will require its own xWeb License - even if you already have one with the community platform.
- The integration allows you to connect your netFORUM Enterprise account with multiple Thrive Marketing Enterprise accounts.
- Ensure that your Thrive Marketing Enterprise product is licensed for an integration - you can do this by confirming with your Implementation Project Manager or creating a case via support.higherlogic.com.
- Create a case with Community Brands to install the integration V2 and to create the xWeb License for Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
- Supply the following credentials to your implementation PM or support rep:
- xWeb Username
- xWeb URL
- After your integration has been enabled you can update the Integration Settings to enter the password.
After the integration is completed:
- Review the integration documentation and learning materials
- Create an upload job.
In general, this upload job can be a master sync. The details for this Individual Query could be one of your largest queries from netFORUM or it could be a new query that looks for anyone with an email address.
- Enable tracking.
Initially, the tracking information will sync for the last two weeks. We recommend that you select all tracking activities; this can be disabled later.
If you would like to complete additional testing, notify the Implementation Project Manager or the Support representative.
Frequently asked questions
|Why can’t I see my query in the Create Upload section?||Is it an Individual or Organization query without an ask at run time parameter? If either of the query types have Ask at Run Time checked for the query in netFORUM, it WILL NOT display in the list of available queries.|
|What is the Thrive Marketing Enterprise child form under my individual record?||This tab is a remnant of an older integration process. Since then, Thrive Marketing Enterprise and Abila have modified the integration process to update the records under Correspondence.|
|Why are there multiple opens in my recipient’s activity history?||Thrive Marketing Enterprise reports back gross opens. This means that each time a recipient opens the message, this record is scored and tracked.|
|Why is there no tracking data updating to my netFORUM?||
Did you select tracking data? Log in to Thrive Marketing Enterprise and:
|Why is this individual record missing tracking information?||Ensure that individual is assigned a Primary Key or CST_KEY, this is a 36-digit key in netFORUM. If the individual was uploaded outside of the Real Magnet Scheduler you must ensure that it also has its Primary Key or CST_KEY mapped to the Custom Member ID.
This is how the netFORUM platform identifies that individual in its database. If an individual is missing this information, no tracking information will push back for that recipient to netFORUM.
|Why am I getting the message: “This upload job has one or more groups to which you do not have access.”?||Do you have access to the group? If your account is Enterprise, ensure that you have access to the group the Upload Job is connected to, or ensure that the group has not been archived.|
|What happens if the tracking data portion is canceled mid-stream?||Thrive Marketing Enterprise logs the failure and re-attempts to send the data to netFORUM.|
|Will the integration upload Private Queries?||Yes. The netFORUM integration will display all queries that are from the Individual module and do not have an Ask at Run Time parameter. This includes Private Queries.|